cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Television

Choice_spot
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased a 2003 Springdale by Keystone to permanently put in campground. TV hookup does not have a booster button. No signal is coming from antenna. Can someone help me decide what to do? Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12

Choice_spot
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for everyones help. Tried it all. Did find out if you put the antenna up it helps a whole lot. Think I didn't feel stupid?

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
punomatic wrote:
My new TT came without an amplifier. I asked the dealer about it, and he called the factory. This model is for cable only. No antenna, so no amp. OK by me, we usually take our own programming on DVDs anyway.

I did buy one of those flat, stick-to-the-window antennas, which works pretty well, if we are within 25 miles of a tower.

I guess I stand corrected. I didn't know they sold any RV's without an antenna.

Here's a tip on those over the air antennas like the one you bought. If you look real careful at the label on the box you will see some have a 25 mile range and there are some that have a 60 mile radius. Took me buying a couple of them to realize that and that some are amplified and some are not.

When I bought my Florida winter home I ran a coax from my MH to the house to run the TV off the MH batwing!!

Then I went and bought one like yours for the house amplified and 60 mile range. Works so good, lots of channels. don't think I will ever hook up/buy sat or cable. No need for it. Walmart surprisingly has a good selection of them.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
My new TT came without an amplifier. I asked the dealer about it, and he called the factory. This model is for cable only. No antenna, so no amp. OK by me, we usually take our own programming on DVDs anyway. I did buy one of those flat, stick-to-the-window antennas, which works pretty well, if we are within 25 miles of a tower.
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 amerilite by gulfstream. It did not have a booster from the factory, or the plate mentioned.
So I bought one at a hardware store @$25 I think,and added a wingman.
I get great reception.
I have also noticed that different tv's get a different number of channels, in the same location in my trailer, due to tuner quality.
I just stick with the one that works best.
Sorry, they don't all have a booster.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
I have yet to see an RV without an antenna booster.

Antennas without an amplifier were used on some models. Here is one source for that antenna:
Antenna

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased a 2003 Springdale by Keystone to permanently put in campground. TV hookup does not have a booster button. No signal is coming from antenna. Can someone help me decide what to do? Thanks.

The TV does not have a booster but the antenna does. I have yet to see an RV without an antenna booster. If that button is not turned on the antenna nor the TV will not receive anything.

Antenna booster button is in one of the overhead cabinets usually next to a 12V outlet.The whole outlet part is dark brown colored so you won't readily see the button until it is lit. Bring a flashlight with you when you look for it.

It's an on off button because if left on with no shore power it will drain your battery.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Choice_spot
Explorer
Explorer
The campground does have ind. cable. There is another tv hookup in the bedroom. Have not noticed anything in the cabinets but will check. Will also check the fuses. The hookup looks like a cable hookup only. And the antenna is up. Don't see anything around it.
Will check all you have suggested when we go tomorrow. Thanks so much.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
If I was parked for a season and others around were getting good reception, I'd forgo the trailer's antenna and mount one outside. My DIY antenna mounted on a 6' mast gets great reception from local broadcast. I am 30 mi. from the broadcast towers.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some have cable hookups along with tv antenna, make sure your hooked up to right connection.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Some didn't have amplified antennas, so no booster button. Is there a second TV connection in the trailer? Are others in the area getting antenna reception? You do have a digital TV and did a channel search, right?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
It is possible that the rig's antenna does not have an amplifier.
Check around the rig for another antenna port. Look around the area below where the antenna is mounted.
Would have to replace the antenna head and wall assembly. You may even need to run 12 volts DC to the new wall plate.
Look around TV locations for a video control box which may have power to the antenna.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
There must be an amp for the antenna in a cabinet above the TV or below it. Does the RV park have cable?
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.