cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The end for me

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Lost my husband three weeks ago and just can't deal with camping alone. He was the pilot me the navigator. It's all for sale now. We had a good run, 49 years.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies
37 REPLIES 37

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
This must be terribly hard. Prayers for you and your family.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
sorry for you loss- prayers for you.

tattoobob
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss
2005 Ford F350 SRW 4x4

2000 Lance 1010

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
If my wife was gone, I'd probably camp less but I'd still go. We off grid camp all the time and own property up north to go to. I like the peace and solitude and so does she but I can enjoy the time alone as well.

Sorry about your loss. Don't know what I'd do day to day without my Amy.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear this news. Make NO major decisions in the next year...none. Then plot your own course. Never say never.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry, trailgranny... you make the decisions you need to make. I lost my husband 2 years ago. We were full-timing. I am keeping on, keeping on. My
cocker spaniel and I have logged 7 trips on our own. Is it easy? No... Can I do it? Yes.

Good Luck to you and when all is said and done, you have great memories until you can "camp" together again. Bless you.

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
We had been discussing our options odd late. He was having issues climbing into the bed since our last big adventure I'd last year. 15,000 miles worth. Glad we did that while we could. Sudden, the way he wanted. Will be going some to visit kids in small bumper pull and the last thing we did together was buy a new truck to pull it. Boys have decided they want to keep the truck camper since it's fully functional but older than dirt, and put it on a trailer for hunting and fishing. The dually will find a new home to help the financial burden till I can find some kind of work to supplement SS. It's a real bugger right nite but I'll survive until I get to go camping with my hubs again.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

pastorbillv
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry to hear about your loss. I couldn't imagine going without my wife, so I understand. I'll be praying for your future - that you find new joys!

God bless,
Bill
2004 Bigfoot 29G (Love the garage!)
2017 Northern-Lite 10'2" SE on F-350 (CC, Dually, 4WD, Boss)