Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time for new shoes...

willdennis
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

I currently have Bridgestone Dueler AT tires on my 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500, which came with the truck when I bought it new. The have the following code on the side:

P265/65R18 112S M+S

I'm at 58K miles, and the tread is worn down enough for me to want to replace them (they are warranted for 50K miles.) I'm considering going with Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires. They have a P265/65R18 tire (part # 02633) that only differs in the speed rating ("T" instead of "S".)

Before I pull the trigger on these, anything else I should consider? (Other manufacturer, other ratings, etc.) These Michelins were the highest rated light truck tire in Consumer Reports last truck tire ratings (also highest priced) so they seem good to me. I'm hauling a ~5,500# laden TT about 6-7 times a year; other than that, the truck is a daily driver. I also don't do any off-road stuff with the truck.

Thanks!
Will
  • 2018 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali Crew Cab (6.0L, 4.10 rear, Z85 susp.)
  • was using ProPride 3P hitch, now ???
  • 2017 Starcraft Launch 26BHS TT
3 REPLIES 3

ata3001
Explorer
Explorer
The truck in my signature just got new shoes a few months ago. Cooper Discoverer AT3, same size as yours. My TT weighs 5500 - 6000 lbs depending on the trip. I replaced with original size (P265/65x18). The Coopers have a higher weight rating than the Michelins do. 2604 vs 2469 lbs.
Ron & BJ
2008 Dutchmen Freedom Spirit FS180 w/full factory dark tinted glass. (9 .yrs w/o any issues)
2014 Chevy Silverado LT Dbl cab, 5.3 L, 4 WD, tow pkg, max payload pkg, Prodigy

blt2ski
Sperry has a.nice line up.of shoes.....Also ha e found.the.Asics tiger line to work well too if one needs lightweight shoes.
Keeps for.sandals.
Timberlands for boots.......

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

moresmoke
Explorer
Explorer
If you are towing any amount, you may want to consider LT tires in an equivalent size. As far as the michelins go, I have LTXs on my pickup, were new when I bought it 4 years ago. They have about 40000 on them are about half worn now. But, all 4 have weather cracking around the beads. Needless to say, my next set will not be Michelin.