Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Time to downsize, Time to simplify

MuddaFadda
Explorer
Explorer
History of my RV's:

Truck camper (basic)-> small pop-up -> bigger pop-up -> 1994 27' travel trailer (no slides) -> 2001 30' travel trailer (1 slide) 2012 35' 5th wheel (3 slides) -> 2017 Rockwood 1970ESP pop-up on order!
(All bought new except the truck camper)

Time to get back to basics and enjoy camping for what camping is!

Still have the 5th wheel it is permanent on the property as the "ManCave"!

Best
Bill
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
2012 Prime Time Crusador 320RLT 5th wheel
2017 Rockwood 1970ESP pop-up
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
16 REPLIES 16

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
To each his own....whatever works.

Wet tent ends and western Washington just were not a great combination and the set up and take down to load and unload started to limit our enthusiasm.

But, we did make many good memories in our pop up. We just camp more now in our TT.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree -

I am very interested in getting one of these OREGON TERRA Extreme OFF-ROAD trailers to supplement my 2008 Starcraft 14RT trailer...

Google Image

This trailer will go anywhere my 4WD truck will pull it and will me to use the enclosed area for my Emergency Radio operations.

Then I would deploy the above trailer tent setup which would be my sleeping quarters...

Google Image

With the awning deployed would give me alot of outside work room under the shade of the awning...

Google Image

The only drawback is my current 2008 Starcraft 14R/T trailer has the large front deck area and between this deck and the bed of my truck I can carry some serious supplies and other items on the off-road trips...

Google Image

Camping OFF-GRID is about 90% of my camping...

Roy's image
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS