cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire and parts questions

Fallin22
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a certain ply tire I need for my 30 ft wildwood fsx 2015 year? I need to replace all 4 as they are dry rotted and I am afraid to pull it far. Also is there a website to get miscellaneous replacement parts-for example I need to grates to go over the stove I and a new table top, etc. We just bought our first camper and are learning. Thanks for any info
14 REPLIES 14

armond05
Explorer
Explorer
I got my set of Maxxis from 4wheelonline. Have gone 1800 miles so far with no problems.

Fallin22
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for everyone's help!

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a set of Maxxis and was happy with how they performed. When I went to replace them I was pointed in the direction of the new Carlisle HD tires. I went with a load range E, up from a D, and they ended up costing less than an LRD Maxxi would have run.
Check the maximum weight rating for your trailer and then look at the max rating for the tires you are looking at. Multiply this number by 4 and see if it will cover the weight of your trailer. I also suggest that you have a healthy margin above the trailer weight. Someone said 15%.
The Carlisle is rated at 80mph which I will never get close to. It is nice to have a tire I can exceed 65 though, if only once in a while.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Salune, Maxxix, ....

Correction: Sailun and Maxxis
Bob

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would stick with a good quality Load Range E tire. Goodyear, Maxxis, and Carlisle Radial Trail all get good reviews. Avoid the cheap "china bomb" tires.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whatever tire you choose, compare it's load capacity rating to the actual weight of your TT. You want at least 15% reserve load capacity and more is better. More reserve capacity reduces the chance of a tire failure. We have 30% on ours by upgrading one load range higher than the factory OEM LRC. The new Endurance are a good bet and have one load range higher in the equivalent size of an existing tire.

As for misc. parts, dealers can be quite expensive. You might try a local independent RV repair/parts shop if there is one. There are quite a few RV vendors online that can have good prices if you know exactly what to look for. CW can be the most expensive (and usually is). Ebay and Amazon can also be good. You can save a LOT by doing some due diligence online.

Jackfate
Explorer
Explorer
I got Goodyear endurance your size and e load range for under $500 out the door and delivered from Simple tire ( online) then had a local shop I trust mount and balance them. $557 total cost

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
There are only three ST type tires worth buying. Salune, Maxxix, and the new GoodYear Endurance ST tires. Everything else have spotty repitations.

LT tires, any decent brand will do.

LT tires, of the proper size and load rating, are easier to find and usually less expensive.

CALandLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Fallin22 wrote:
they are 225/75/15

The original equipment tire size, its load range and recommended inflation pressure will be on the vehicle certification label. That information is also found on the tire/cargo label and in the vehicle owner's manual.

It's recommended to increase the load range with replacement tires if you've suffered early tire failures. It's also recommended to replace the valve stems. Steel ones are the best, especially if you're going to add some kind of tire pressure monitoring system.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I am pleased with Carisle HD after having a Maxxis M8008 tread separate. I also like the higher than 65mph speed rating.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Size?
There are only three ST type tires worth buying. Salune, Maxxix, and the new GoodYear Endurance ST tires. Everything else have spotty repitations.

One of these in Load Range E.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Fallin22
Explorer
Explorer
they are 225/75/15

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Size?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tires are sold by load range.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman