cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

To make the bed or to not make the bed

frisbeekev
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious what folks do when they return from a trip. Do you remake the beds immediately after you clean the sheets so it is ready to go next time out, or do you just remake the beds as you prepare to leave for a trip.
30 REPLIES 30

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
frisbeekev wrote:
Just curious what folks do when they return from a trip. Do you remake the beds immediately after you clean the sheets so it is ready to go next time out, or do you just remake the beds as you prepare to leave for a trip.

All must be good in the world if this is all there is to concern oneself with!

Larry-D
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like others. Once home, clean and get it ready for the next time. Only have to throw in food and clothes.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
RV is READY to go at a moments notice.

+1
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
This is ours...in our slide. As you can see, it's always made like others have posted.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
Our RV is always ready to go...
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Humility makes decisions? lol
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Like xteacher pointed out, where you live will make a difference. When we lived in Cent FL, we'd leave the bed stripped until we were ready to go. Here in Nevada, it's always made up. Humidity (or lack of it) will make your decision for you!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Upon return I restock, repair, clean..remake...everything I can. When camping, bed is made usually before the coffee is ready. Iโ€™m older, not lazy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bed is always made.. when camping, we keep the decorative bedspread off.. as soon as we get home, all is washed, and the bedspread back on looking all pretty with itโ€™s matching pillows...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Bed is made all the time. Sheets and blankets get washed about every week as we driveway camp all Summer long when not on the road. Same as the house. No difference.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
We strip the bed after each trip, then make it up right before the next trip. We don't leave the sheets on the bed between trips. Even when they're clean, the heat and humidity makes them get a musty smell down here in the South.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
I am just a weekend camper. And a bachelor. I only was the sheet, pillowcase and blanket a few times a year. My sleeping bag about once a year. More often if I am going to have company.

It's the bachelor life for me too.

I only make the bed for company. I have two sets of sheets for the RV, same color. Use one set, then the other, then wash them both.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
RV is READY to go at a moments notice.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am just a weekend camper. And a bachelor. I only was the sheet, pillowcase and blanket a few times a year. My sleeping bag about once a year. More often if I am going to have company.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we return from a trip, we clean the RV, wash the linens, then make it up to be ready for the next trip. Iโ€™m in and out of the RV weekly to do something, and donโ€™t like the unmade look.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT