cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Torklift tiedown system for Ram DRW

FishnFun
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, We(DH and I) are taking the exciting plunge into becoming a members of the TC world!
We just purchased the truck and now the next item is to order our tiedowns and a new hitch system.
Alot of the time we will be towing either a 5,000lb boat or a 6,000lb trailer with a longer TC that will require a hitch extension. We have decided on the Torklift tiedowns and SuperHitch systems, but I am confused as to which hitch system the tiedowns should connect to, the factory hitch or SuperHitch? Are there advantages of using one over the other for the tiedowns?
3 REPLIES 3

FishnFun
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I took your advice and called, they said I should order the tiedowns that attach to the SuperHitch since once that is on the truck it will limit the access to factory hitch.

Thanks, Laura

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, if you have any questions just give them a call or shoot them an email.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
FishnFun wrote:
Ok, We(DH and I) are taking the exciting plunge into becoming a members of the TC world!
We just purchased the truck and now the next item is to order our tiedowns and a new hitch system.
Alot of the time we will be towing either a 5,000lb boat or a 6,000lb trailer with a longer TC that will require a hitch extension. We have decided on the Torklift tiedowns and SuperHitch systems, but I am confused as to which hitch system the tiedowns should connect to, the factory hitch or SuperHitch? Are there advantages of using one over the other for the tiedowns?

The SuperHitch and the rear tiedowns are meant to go together, so if you get the Superhitch, you will end up getting the matching tiedowns that bolt to the sides of the hitch.

When in doubt, just give them a jingle, they're made in America right here in the PNW near Seattle. Good people to talk to.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo