cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torque Lift Tie Down Anchor Flew Off!!

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know where I can order *just the insert* for a Torklift TC tie down?

The part with the 2 holes that slides into the thing that looks like a hitch receiver coming out of the side of the truck?

Somehow... My pin vanished that holds it in place and the thingbflew off the truck on 75 near Tampa yesterday.

Looked VERY long in the rear view mirror so I thought it was road debris someone hit. Turns out it was road debris I created.

I don't know where I was when it flew off so I need to get just that part.

Seems to come as very expensive full kits only.

I just need the driver's side rear insert. The one farthest away in this pic.

28 REPLIES 28

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
bb_94401 wrote:
HadEnough wrote:

Somehow... My pin vanished that holds it in place and the thing flew off the truck on 75 near Tampa yesterday.

So you don't lose your new replacement insert, make sure that your square lock pins rest on the top of the insert (right) and don't hang down (like on the left in the image below) where they can get snagged or removed by logs, branches or other solid objects that you back over during a multi-point u-turn on a forest service road or at a campsite.

Bought just a single insert from TL as well to replace one I lost.

Thought I was the only one being overly paranoid about installing them on top, rather than below. lol
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Me either. I do not understand why contacting them wasn't the obvious first choice of solutions.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
Torquelift has the most awesome customer service! Their free offer dosen't surprise me.
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

bb_94401
Explorer
Explorer
HadEnough wrote:

Somehow... My pin vanished that holds it in place and the thing flew off the truck on 75 near Tampa yesterday.

So you don't lose your new replacement insert, make sure that your square lock pins rest on the top of the insert (right) and don't hang down (like on the left in the image below) where they can get snagged or removed by logs, branches or other solid objects that you back over during a multi-point u-turn on a forest service road or at a campsite.

Bought just a single insert from TL as well to replace one I lost.

'05 Ram 3500, 4x4, DRW, LB, 6spd man, CTD, PRXB exhaust brake, Roadmaster bar

'01 Corsair 10'8" - 4,200 lbs., Xantrex XADC 80A, Link 20, 4-Lifeline GPL-4CT, PowerGate Isolater, 2 AWG wire, PI 30A EMS, 2 Honda EU2000i, parallel kit, ext. duration tank.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Wrapping up this thread SEVERAL forum members offered up their spare parts to me. I'm grateful and in awe of this community. Thank you so much for this.

I went and got one here in Florida from a forum member.

In addition to this, Torklift also offered a free replacement. They sent me a PM since they saw this thread and ordered a free replacement. I'd only have to pay shipping.

Considering it's my fault it fell off, I can't believe the support and sense of community here as well as by Torklift.

A deep thank you to everyone.

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
PM sent!
I have what u need..
Just pay shipping its yours
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, I just found an insert laying on the road near Tampa. I'll sell it to you...cheap.:p
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy TV for $35.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I had to get a new insert from TL and it was $35, plus shipping.

That's very reasonable,I am in awe..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
I had to get a new insert from TL and it was $35, plus shipping. Had several other items shipped, so don't know what it would be for only the insert.
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Fabrication shops don't work cheap.

Neither does Torklift..I would be willing to bet our local prefab outfit could make one up much cheaper than Torklift.Anyway you look at it,Torklift is very expensive!
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Why would you go through all the trouble of having it fabricated when you could just get the part from Torklift? Fabrication shops don't work cheap.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

kayco53
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
HadEnough wrote:

My guess is the slot they cut is a fuse.

If you pull super hard on the plate like the TC would, the plate looks like it's made to rip before your frame/anchors do.

One of the members reported that after driving over the bump, the weak link turned out to be 1" tubing. It simply bend, while slots were untouched.
Frankly when I see small tubing and 3/8" rods holding my 6500lb camper, I have 2nd thoughts entering those 15% + grades.
Another member wrote that taking his smaller camper off-road - he is adding nylon strap around it and attached to front of truck bed.
So, next time I go on longer trip with TC, a strap goes into camper storage.

If you want to scare yourself look how the tiedowns attach to the camper itself. They are normally the weak point.
2007 GMC 2500hd
2011 Creekside 23RKS

Jknight611
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, PM me, I have a set that was on my last truck, I can fix you up!