cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toy hauler rear ramp closing issues

Camper1977
Explorer
Explorer
I need help. My KZ Spree escape TH 17 rear ramp door has been going me issues closing it. It looks as if the door lines up higher than the frame. This was not an issue until my last 2 trips and it's getting worse. Any ideas suggestions ? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
You should also ask the moderator to transfer this post to the toy hauler section. I'm sure you'll get a lot more insight there as they all own toy haulers and one of them is bound to have experienced what you are describing.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
You might be on to something. I know on my trailer if the stabilizers are down too tight the bathroom door won't latch. The latch will not even get near the hole. Maybe if you loosen the stabilizer jacks the door will line up better.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Camper1977
Explorer
Explorer
Does loading and unlading with stabilizing jacks have anything to do with this ? I normally unload motorcycle while on the hitch of my truck, but decided to unhitch, level then stabilize and then unload that's when the problem occurred . Tried closing ramp and it would not close all the way. Next day door was ramp was hard to open but finally did and I loaded the bike while on the stabilizers and again the doo was even more difficult to close 25 min later closed it after pushing pulling etc. , and went to next destination less than 1 mile away again door was had to open. This time I unloaded while hitched and when weekend was done closing was again a pain.