cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traded in the Duramax this week

sharkman
Explorer
Explorer
Bout brought tears to my eyes, did what we should have done in the first place, 1 ton, got a 2003 Dodge Ram 3500HD, 128,000 miles Loramie Q/C L/B DRW, miss the Allison tranny already, now we can upgrade the TC in the future, got the Torklift tie downs ordered already, if i understand right (90" measurement) i have to get an extension for the rear camper anchors, $300 surprise, to clear the rear truck fenders.
Camper: 2005 Lance Lite 815
Truck: 2003 Dodge Ram Loramie 3500HD, CTD, DRW, Q/C, L/B, Draw-Tite Front Hitch
Boat: 1985 Alumacraft Trophy 175 - Evinrude 90 HP
23 REPLIES 23

sharkman
Explorer
Explorer
JTLance wrote:
Man, I hope it isn't with the 48RE transmission.

It is, as I stated in my first post, I miss the allison, the 48RE is real bad, thanks scott16, canceled trip because of the storm.

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
sharkman wrote:
Update on the lance 815 going on the dually, been alot of work, got the camper on tonight, made 6" extension plates to go on swing out brackets to clear rear fenders, took them back off when we got camper on the truck, 1/4 rubber bed mat, torklift anchor relocation kit, had to cut off rusty hitch bolts to put on rear torklift tie downs, got front hitch put on, off to east harbor state park lake erie in the morning.

Nice, looking good. Congratulations enjoy the weekend.
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992

JTLance
Explorer
Explorer
Man, I hope it isn't with the 48RE transmission.

sharkman
Explorer
Explorer
Update on the lance 815 going on the dually, been alot of work, got the camper on tonight, made 6" extension plates to go on swing out brackets to clear rear fenders, took them back off when we got camper on the truck, 1/4 rubber bed mat, torklift anchor relocation kit, had to cut off rusty hitch bolts to put on rear torklift tie downs, got front hitch put on, off to east harbor state park lake erie in the morning.

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Are the two Bigfeet campers mentioned above 86 inches wide like the Lance 815?
jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
If you were closer to Florida do I have a deal for you. I have a Reese TowBeast Hitch for that truck. The hitch has been sitting in my Garage since 07'.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Oh- thought you were waiting on tie-downs. Sounds like some work ahead. Good luck with the bolts.
Only had one instance where a planned trip was waiting on some repairs to truck. I'd fix one thing- tell the better half 'were back on' only to find the truck throwing yet another code. Did this 3 times before she says tell me when camper is loaded...
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

sharkman
Explorer
Explorer
AnEv942 wrote:
sharkman wrote:

The measurement from the front of the slide in to the rear tie down eyelet is 82", it's going to be a problem, might not make our camping trip next weekend, DW is not gonna be happy, so nobody's gonna be happy.

Um you have the truck, you have the camper. Why not load it to see what you 'may' need to do?

Um I would not be asking these questions if I could load the lance, lol, had a SRW so waiting on swing out brackets to arrive and there are 5th wheel rails that are gonna have to have the carriage bolts cut off, I think they took the bed off and put them on, been under the truck the last 2 evenings and can only get to nuts with combination wrench and that won't get "em".

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
sharkman wrote:

The measurement from the front of the slide in to the rear tie down eyelet is 82", it's going to be a problem, might not make our camping trip next weekend, DW is not gonna be happy, so nobody's gonna be happy.

Um you have the truck, you have the camper. Why not load it to see what you 'may' need to do?
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

deserteagle56
Explorer II
Explorer II
sharkman wrote:
deserteagle56 wrote:
I have a 2004 Dodge dually. I did NOT have to get extensions to clear the rear fenders. The Fastguns come close to the fenders but do not touch.

Can you measure the distance from the front of your slide in to the rear tie down eyelet?

I can...but not for a couple weeks. I'm in New York State for a while and the camper is back in Nevada.
1996 Bigfoot 2500 9.5 on a 2004 Dodge/Cummins dually

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Beautiful truck sharkman! Will be a great camper hauler and looks very well cared for!
Southern truck? Or salt belt survivor?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

sharkman
Explorer
Explorer
deserteagle56 wrote:
I have a 2004 Dodge dually. I did NOT have to get extensions to clear the rear fenders. The Fastguns come close to the fenders but do not touch.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nice truck!!
I bought mine new in 02 and have enjoyed it ever since. I'd really like a new truck but all the emissions junk has me scared off.

sharkman
Explorer
Explorer
deserteagle56 wrote:

Can you measure the distance from the front of your slide in to the rear tie down eyelet?