cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Transport truck camper from NJ to Utah

Sjp3443
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to purchase a used truck camper in NJ, but I live in Utah - I would prefer to not drive the entire way to pick it up. Does anyone have suggestions for transport companies? If I could just get it to the Midwest, that would be a much shorter drive. Is anyone interested in transporting to Utah or at least part of the way? It is a short bed camper, approx 2300 pounds. Thanks for any help!
2005 Ford F-350 crew cab diesel 4WD
2014 Northstar Adventurer
17 REPLIES 17

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
What seem to be hard to understand is that uship is just middle man. They don't do any transportation.
I compare it to ebay. It is just a system that gets 2 parties having common businesses to talk to each other.
Who the parties are- is to be check.
caveat emptor

capterik
Explorer
Explorer
I have used uship 3 times to move antique trucks, and have always had issues and will never use them again. I bought my truck camper from New Mexico, drove from Florida to pick it up, one of my favorite trips in all my years. The whole point of having truck campers is to have adventures, I vote for you going to pick it up, and let the great adventures begin.
2003 Kodiak 5500
2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4SB
KVH inmotion Satellite
Stable Lift

Sjp3443
Explorer
Explorer
mkasner wrote:
We live in Utah, and haul our arctic fox 990 on our dually ram 3500 long box. Is your camper a long or shortbed?

Itโ€™s a shortbed.

mkasner
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Utah, and haul our arctic fox 990 on our dually ram 3500 long box. Is your camper a long or shortbed?

finsruskw
Explorer
Explorer
Find a common carrier that does LTL's and has step decks.
I could have done that back in the day when I was still on the road w/my rig and would have been glad to build a load around that.
Sure glad I'm not out there now.
Darn truck stops look like a freak show anymore.
Good luck!!

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Wish you all the best. Keep us updated.

Sjp3443
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for all the posts and advice!

I have tried U Ship - no quotes were given, though I may try again, and I appreciate the advice on checking up on the shipper. I am trying to contact some truck camper manufacturers to see if they can backhaul after a delivery to a nearby RV dealer. I have searched far and wide the past few months, and this is pretty much exactly what I want for a fair price, and I have exchanged multiple videos and pictures with the seller and feel good about the purchase. Youโ€™re right, it is a gamble to purchase sight unseen, especially after driving 2200 miles. I do love an adventure, though, and one way or the other, it will be a great story!

I will post an update when I figure out what to do - thanks for the welcome into this forum, Iโ€™m so glad to have found it!
I will

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
some people watch to much tv U,SHIP does a fine job.

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
I am surprised some one from Utah would buy a truck camper from New Jersey. It seems like their are so many more available in the west.

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
Uship; Used it.. and hauled for it. Lot's of heavy equipment and accessories. I've had good luck, but pay attention to the who and the qualifications. You really do get what you pay for in this life. Cheap is usually for a reason.

Had a camper hauled up from AZ after flying down to see it. Got here ok...had it insured before it left. Stories abound about him trying to get it loaded and tied down..wasn't so sure after talking to the seller, but, got here eventually. Was a lesson learned about hitting "accept" bid.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
We used Uship recently and had zero issues.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Sjp3443 wrote:
I am trying to purchase a used truck camper in NJ, but I live in Utah - I would prefer to not drive the entire way to pick it up. Does anyone have suggestions for transport companies? If I could just get it to the Midwest, that would be a much shorter drive. Is anyone interested in transporting to Utah or at least part of the way? It is a short bed camper, approx 2300 pounds. Thanks for any help!

Are you intending to buy this without first seeing what condition its in ??
Bad idea..

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
SOMEONE wrote:
Rented pickup will not have tie-downs.

Ditto, nor have I seen a rental company rent a 3/4 truck.

Truck rentals are extremely expensive.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I pay to move my RV around I want to be in it and camping.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad