cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Trailer Upgrade

datadr
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all... We are fairly new to the RV world and love it. We purchased a Coachmen TT last year 230BH and kept small due to the TV we had at the time. We have since traded in the TV and have a Ford F150 EB with the max tow. We are wrapping up a cross country trip (6 weeks from Jersey to Yellowstone and back). We have found things a little cramped and are looking at upgrading. In know... we should have gone used first or done the TV first, but we learn... anyway, we are very happy with the Coachmen, but are open to other brands. However, its confusing... there are so many. Keystone has no less than 10, and Forest Rover has even more (Coachmen being one). Any way to determine differences among these brands? are some more "upscale"?

Anyway... thanks for any help. We love RVing and are looking forward to many more years of fun.
5 REPLIES 5

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
Dtaylor wrote:
I would focus more on what suits your needs and likes more than brand. Once you do this, then you can get more brand specific

X2
After enjoying for many years our first RV(an older 27' classC) that we purchased before kids, we learned what amenities were important to us: more storage, a couch, and a walk around queen bed. After kids, a separate sleeping area instead of using the dinette moved to the top of the list. As we looked at TT models with our needs(and weights), it became clear that a TV with significant payload was needed so as not to limit our choices. The hunt was on for a 3/4 ton Suburban under $10K. Reality set in and I found one in excellent condition for $13K in TX. Now we could concentrate on finding a deal for a 30+ foot TT under $10K. Reality again and I found my current one on CL(a dealer posting) for under 14k. I think one of the best parts of buying is all the research, looking, and patience that goes into it. And of course the haggling over the price. Good luck with your search. And have fun!
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
I would focus more on what suits your needs and likes more than brand. Once you do this, then you can get more brand specific
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco is a well known brand that is also considered to be upscale. Thy have a sizeable collection of RVs to choose from, and all come with a 2 year warranty, as opposed to the more typical 1 year warranty.

Definitely upscale would be Airstream, which makes some very nice RVs but can be very expensive.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
Lance makes nice stuff. You are very right. Keystone and Forest River have a ton of Brands... I like keystone products, and i am partial to the stick and tin type rigs... I love my springdale. I've been told its an entry level rig. I don't think so. Its got a ton of nice stuff for the pricetag. Do you want a bunkhouse?
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Lance Travel Trailers are considered upscale:

Lance Travel Trailers

They're into the 2014 model year now which carries a new 2 year warranty.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer