cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trip Report -- Lake Chelan and Milling

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
After a mad rush to remove the darn spare on the back of the truck (stupid locks!) and buying three, count them, THREE broken bolt removal kits before I got the right one and removed the lock, I did finally get it removed and moved to the front of the truck. I'm not sure about the carrier as it's very close to the grill and that big monster tire must block a lot of air flow through the rad and tranny cooler.

I'll have to get a pic later to post but am thinking a short extension might be worth it to ensure more airflow however in 85 degree weather hauling the camper and pulling the mill didn't cause temps to rise past normal despite some long uphill climbs.

Hoping this image isn't too big (and works) and I can fix when I get back home (am at work now -- shhhh)....

Once I got on the road with full water tank but less tools and equipment as well as fuel etc for the mill (to lighten the load a bit) I drove the two hours to the job site in Lake Chelan without issue and settled in for the night around 10:30pm.

The next morning I was treated with an awesome view and great work site. I milled all day despite a short T-Storm in the afternoon and must admit that I LOVE the camper ๐Ÿ™‚ It makes the perfect mill site office and home away from home! The shower is big enough to get the sawdust off at the end of the day, the genny runs the air compressor all day (when needed) and the AC in the camper takes the edge off when it gets warm and the camper has sat in the sun all day....oh and the MW makes it easy to fix a quick dinner after filling a glass with ice from the freezer and cold booze from he fridge ๐Ÿ˜„ Ahhh this is the life!

Can't complain about the evening after a long day.

Day two started off right with big logs and sunny sky's ๐Ÿ™‚ I was happy since my arthritis wasn't slowing me down too ๐Ÿ˜‰

All in all a great weekend of milling and camping ๐Ÿ™‚ Next trip will be higher in the mountains with no great views but the drive will be steep and up a long way so we will see how the truck performs ๐Ÿ˜‰

For now (and until I edit a little later as I suspect I will have to).
2019 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW PS6.7
2019 AF990
20 REPLIES 20

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Nice pics! I have a big tractor supply tool box mounted on front hitch and my tranny temps are still good. Even in Texas summers.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I seen em - great pics!

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
I see it now ๐Ÿ™‚ -- just add height=200 or whatever.

I'll see if these are too big for others (I have a 22" monitor)
2019 AF990

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
Funny, I'd actually tried that at work but for some reason it didn't work. How did you get yours smaller?
2019 AF990

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Navigate to each picture and right click to get picture url.

"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
OK these images didn't work so I will fix this afternoon.
2019 AF990