cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triple tent hybrids

FerrisFamilyof5
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, people...it's time.... I am a die hard fan of hybrids. Love the tent feel with the convenience of a TT. SO... will be looking into my 4th unit.... who out there has a hybrid with the third tent? I know Palomino, Jayco, Shamrock and Rockwood make them. Also I will not even consider a Thor product. have a 2013 Dutchmen of a lemon right now and it's time to walk away. So skip Keystone and Dutchmen... and KZ too!

OK have at it!!!!
Nights camped in 2016 - 31
2015 Forest River Vibe
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
me daHusband :C
daWife :?
daSon :B
daBaby boy 😛 (ok so he's 13...still daBaby)
daDog
34 REPLIES 34

FerrisFamilyof5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the input... but we're going to the dark side. Just pulled the trigger on a 2015 Jayco Eagle 31BHDS. from 21 foot to 37 foot....OY VEY!
2015 Forest River Vibe
daDog

wannabe_camping
Explorer
Explorer
KZ sportsman classic 20RBT

wannabe_camping
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I am back... I have a new ford F150 so I can pull most anything.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
wannabe camping wrote:
Great post for me, I am a new recruit. I own a pop up now,but looking to move up. I like the sportsman classic line. The one we are eyeballing has the 3rd bunk very roomy feel to it. Any thoughts from others ?

what do you have to tow it with?
cause towing a full height trailer is WAAYYY different than towing a popup.

which model are you looking at?
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

wannabe_camping
Explorer
Explorer
Great post for me, I am a new recruit. I own a pop up now,but looking to move up. I like the sportsman classic line. The one we are eyeballing has the 3rd bunk very roomy feel to it. Any thoughts from others ?

parker_rowe
Explorer
Explorer
pacpiper wrote:
I had one of the original 3 tent hybrids back in 2003. It was the StarCraft 21SB and unfortunately we traded it in after one year due to storage issues. HOWEVER! we just traded our 2005 travel trailer in for a StarCraft 239TBS triple tent ends so we've come full circle back to hybrids.

As mentioned, most of the 3 bunk hybrid floorplans are very similar but the StarCraft's TV isn't over the kitchen like some of the others and it also has a small piece of counter space perfect for a coffee maker. Sounds trivial but this sold it for us!

Hopefully we pick it up soon to get one trip in before ole man winter!

We just bought the same one in August and are very happy with it. Lots of floorspace with the slide out.
2015 Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS 6500 GVWR
1997 GMC Suburban K2500 7.4 Vortec/4.10
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000

pacpiper
Explorer
Explorer
I had one of the original 3 tent hybrids back in 2003. It was the StarCraft 21SB and unfortunately we traded it in after one year due to storage issues. HOWEVER! we just traded our 2005 travel trailer in for a StarCraft 239TBS triple tent ends so we've come full circle back to hybrids.

As mentioned, most of the 3 bunk hybrid floorplans are very similar but the StarCraft's TV isn't over the kitchen like some of the others and it also has a small piece of counter space perfect for a coffee maker. Sounds trivial but this sold it for us!

Hopefully we pick it up soon to get one trip in before ole man winter!
2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4x4
5.7 HEMI, 3.92 Rear
2016 StarCraft Travelstar 239 TBS
(2005 Gulfstream Innsbruck 295DBS-RETIRED)

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
It fits adults easily. Most I had was my ex wife, In lawsx2 , 2 kids, 100lb lab, and 50 pound mutt. Slept myself, my two kids, friend and her two kids. Yes two adults can fit on the 48 inch wide side bed.
The bunk beds are 27 inch wide coffins and can be used by adults if required. I use the coffin bunks in the winter (turtled deer camp).
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

captnjack
Explorer
Explorer
PAThwacker wrote:

I own the only 2 tent hybrid on the interweb forums that can sleep 6 adults and nobody gets the shaft on the dinette or couch!

Two adults on that 48 inch wide tent bed? And how big are those bunk beds?

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer

I own the only 2 tent hybrid on the interweb forums that can sleep 6 adults and nobody gets the shaft on the dinette or couch!

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCO...

The front end bench flips up for clothes storage. If you don't own a hybrid or any tt yet you must visualize where to put clothes, towels, extra bedding and dirty clothes.

My 2 bed BH Hybrid front end is similar to the 213X as well but does not have a slideout couch.

parker_rowe
Explorer
Explorer
We just recently finished hybrid shopping in July.

We ended up with a Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS. It is very spacious inside, but it does unfortunately have limited counter space. Once the slide is out and all three beds are down, though...it seems huge inside!

I'm not sure I remember seeing any 3 bed hybrids with a surplus of counter space.

We looked at a Solaire, which was very nice inside and out. It was not as good of a deal as the Starcraft we ended up with though.

Overall I am very happy. It seems like no matter which camper you choose there will be some things that will not be exactly as you wanted them.

EDIT: I just saw you mention something about fitting it in your driveway. Not sure how long the other 3 bed hybrids are, but ours is pretty long. 27' closed up IIRC.
2015 Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS 6500 GVWR
1997 GMC Suburban K2500 7.4 Vortec/4.10
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000

FerrisFamilyof5
Explorer
Explorer
FerrisFamilyof5 wrote:
PAThwacker wrote:
Be sure to check out the 213x. Entire front end is more inviting than the 233s. Has a real couch instead of a rollover bench. Other plus factors are front storage instead of side sotorage. I could go on but haven't looked it up in a while.

problem with the 213 x is it's not what i want. no slide and only 2 bunk ends. I want a triple bunk end. Also notice 1 thing, EVERY SINGLE triple tent hybrid has a similar floor plan. Door middle front, no counter space. 2 huge drawbacks.

Jayco makes an X213 which is an expandable and I googled something else with 213 and it was just a normal 2 tent hybrid…I just looked up the Solaire, this is probably the best looking unit. However, the DW is ALWAYS cold, sleeping in sweats, hoodie and socks. I made mention, I’d be willing to move to the dark side, PROVIDING, we find a TT that fits in our driveway with a floor plan that works for 4 of us and 2 dogs. If my boys bring a friend, they will have to tent it. (both are boy scouts, so I’m sure I won’t get much argument) LOL
2015 Forest River Vibe
daDog

marymoon
Explorer
Explorer
I think there must be some confusion with a different model - I have a 2015 SolAire 213x and not only are there 3 queen beds but I also have counterspace between the sink and cooktop. That's where my coffeemaker sits and I do food prep. 🙂

Solaire 213x Floorplan