cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triple tent hybrids

FerrisFamilyof5
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, people...it's time.... I am a die hard fan of hybrids. Love the tent feel with the convenience of a TT. SO... will be looking into my 4th unit.... who out there has a hybrid with the third tent? I know Palomino, Jayco, Shamrock and Rockwood make them. Also I will not even consider a Thor product. have a 2013 Dutchmen of a lemon right now and it's time to walk away. So skip Keystone and Dutchmen... and KZ too!

OK have at it!!!!
Nights camped in 2016 - 31
2015 Forest River Vibe
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
me daHusband :C
daWife :?
daSon :B
daBaby boy 😛 (ok so he's 13...still daBaby)
daDog
34 REPLIES 34

roovader
Explorer
Explorer
Keep in mind the Roo has changed in the past month. It is worth checking out as you might like it more or less. It now has a much better bathroom and a few other things have moved around.

FerrisFamilyof5
Explorer
Explorer
PAThwacker wrote:
Be sure to check out the 213x. Entire front end is more inviting than the 233s. Has a real couch instead of a rollover bench. Other plus factors are front storage instead of side sotorage. I could go on but haven't looked it up in a while.

problem with the 213 x is it's not what i want. no slide and only 2 bunk ends. I want a triple bunk end. Also notice 1 thing, EVERY SINGLE triple tent hybrid has a similar floor plan. Door middle front, no counter space. 2 huge drawbacks.
2015 Forest River Vibe
daDog

FerrisFamilyof5
Explorer
Explorer
captnjack wrote:
epeters wrote:
We absolutely love ours: 2008 Starcraft Antigua 235SBS (pic in signature). They don't make this model now, but if you can find one used and good shape, its a great unit.

Compared to the Roo233S:
Your linen closet is only half height. Floor space is much less. No shelf with netting over bunks (which provides way more storage than you might think).
Your couch looks better.

problem with the 213 x is it's not what i want. no slide and only 2 bunk ends. I want a triple bunk end. Also notice 1 thing, EVERY SINGLE triple tent hybrid has a similar floor plan. Door middle front, no counter space. 2 huge drawbacks.
2015 Forest River Vibe
daDog

captnjack
Explorer
Explorer
epeters wrote:
We absolutely love ours: 2008 Starcraft Antigua 235SBS (pic in signature). They don't make this model now, but if you can find one used and good shape, its a great unit.

Compared to the Roo233S:
Your linen closet is only half height. Floor space is much less. No shelf with netting over bunks (which provides way more storage than you might think).
Your couch looks better.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to check out the 213x. Entire front end is more inviting than the 233s. Has a real couch instead of a rollover bench. Other plus factors are front storage instead of side sotorage. I could go on but haven't looked it up in a while.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

FerrisFamilyof5
Explorer
Explorer
THANK YOU! looks like we're headed to Hershey in September to check out the nation's largest RV show. (9/16 thru 9/20) gonna see what's new and up and coming.
2015 Forest River Vibe
daDog

rbq
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Roo 233S. Love it. Use the stovetop or the sink cover for extra counter space or we have bought a 4 foot long folding table for in front of the couch when we need extra table or counter space. Works well for us.

marymoon
Explorer
Explorer
PAThwacker wrote:
Id take a solaire 213x over the 233s

The solaire has a better kitchen layout.

Personally, I *do* prefer having a bit more counterspace - the 233S has none; you'd have to use the cooktop if you need to set something out like a toaster or coffeemaker. I know that some people prefer to set these things up on an outside table so personal habits/preferences should be considered.

I also like the single bowl sink in my SolAire. I didn't think I would initially and was disappointed that the late 2015 models changed over to a single-bowl but now I wouldn't go back.

The SolAire doesn't have the net over-bunk storage like the 233S and I wish it did - it's wasted space. 😞

epeters
Explorer
Explorer
Erik

DW, DS, DD
2018 Nash 29S
2017 GMC Sierra
Retired --> 2004 Silverado Crewcab 1500
2008 Starcraft Antiqua - traded in
2003 Fleetwood Mesa - gone
Photos

captnjack
Explorer
Explorer
Have a Roo 233S. If you have the need for three bunks, you'll probably have the need for the additional space of the deeper slide. If you don't need it you'll likely still appreciate it. Can't speak to the kitchen vs that of the others because I'm not familiar with them. The 233S does lack for counter space but I imagine they all would.

Overall very happy with this unit.

On edit:

Just googled the solaire 213X. It may have a couple of inches of counter space between stove and sink. Looks to have more upper cabinet space due to TV location. But the Roo has a full height pantry where solaire has none. The front bunk requires climbing over a bench in the Solaire. In the Roo none of the bunks require climbing over anything.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
Id take a solaire 213x over the 233s

The solaire has a better kitchen layout.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

marymoon
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a 2015 Palomino SolAire 213x triple bunk with 1 slide and love it! There aren't any Roo/Shamrock dealers nearby so I couldn't directly compare the space/storage with a 233S but I imagine it would have been a toss up between the 2. The Roo has a U dinette on a deeper slide where my SolAire has the sofa on a more shallow slide and a regular booth table.

We've had our SolAire out several times now and are extremely happy with it. 🙂

pxt
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco discontinued x18d for 2016. I'm looking at the roo line as well.

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2006 KZ Coyote 23CFK, have had it since new, oh never mind, it's on your do not consider list.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
FerrisFamilyof5 wrote:
.... who out there has a hybrid with the third tent?

Don't own one but have been in this triple bed hybrid and was very impressed. :B

Coachmen Freedom Express 21TQX
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380