cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck Camper Models with 3 Beds?

EricCO
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please note: By 3 beds I mean 3 places to sleep like the dinette and a bunk or the couch counting as a bed.

Hi. We are in a position to upgrade since our 2002 F350 SRW was stolen. As a SRW we didn't want to get too heavy on the camper as we pull a 21' boat too.

Since we need a new truck we are thinking of going F450 or F350 dually which gives us more options in campers.

Anyway, I checked the FAQ's and didn't see this on there but I'm sure some of you might be able to rattle off the short list to help me narrow it down.

Have 2 kids and we need them in separate beds now they are getting older.

Which truck camper models offer 3 different places to sleep?

Thanks!

Eric
2002 Ford F-350 CC LB PSD 2007 Travel Lite 960rx Ultra 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS
17 REPLIES 17

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Find one with a REAR TENT.

It will be hard to find one but lance 1191's had it and some Host campers had it as an option. My 2 kids split sleeping on the floor and dine out, I wish could have found one with a good rear tent when I was looking but the tent material on the ones I found needed to be redone and I didn't have the patience at the time to source new material.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don’t know how big your kids are, but several manufacturers have a fold down bunk above the dinette.

Host has several models that will work. Just go check out their website.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

brain
Explorer
Explorer
The OK117DBL has 4 (queen, dinette, couch/bed, and bunk above couch) I assume the Eagle Cap 1160/1165 could do the same if Adventurer can do the bunk option still (they bought the business from Okanagan).

We got the 117DBL for the exact reason you note (2 kids, needed sep sleeping quarters). The bunk was a HUGE fave for the kids, and it was cute to boot. It stows out of the way when not in use, but we've never stowed it, TBH.

Stowed
Unstowed
Gratuitous (and old, as they are both grown up now) in use shot

The couch pulls out to a bed, but I don't have pics of it in that config it seems (when kids got old enough to use it that way, they were camera averse... 🙂

We've been super happy with the setup, and we'll keep it for grandkids, should we be blessed with them.

Jim