cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck Camper severe water damage rear wall

pchevela
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a used 2005 Igloo last summer. Just found out we have severe water damage in the drivers side lower rear. Shame on me for not looking more closely when we bought it.
It looks pretty bad, (lower rear side wall and lower rear back). We need some help from you folks with names of good Truck Camper repair people. We are located in northwest lower Michigan.

I'll be calling the manufacture for some referrals also.

Thank you folks.

Phil
2012 Ford F350 PSD Lariet
5 REPLIES 5

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
You should call Rex at Northstar and ask for his advise.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Driver's side lower rear sounds like an issue I just had. The damage I had was on the passenger's side due to the Happijac wiring. The wiring connector should be installed with the wire coming up from below. Mine was installed with the wire entering from the top. A small crack developed and water entered the connection box and had no where to go except through the wiring hole into the camper. The water rotted out the upright and one of the horizontal supports. It took me two full days to repair. I suggest you start digging and find out what is rotten and needs to be replaced. With luck the skin of the camper is ok and you can slowly remove the inner rot and replace the pieces. With luck this will be tedious but a low skill issue. If you pay to for someone to work on this for a day or two, plan on paying many hundreds of dollars for even a relatively simple repair.

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bill- it is the largest one made by NorthStar.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too bad...should be able to fix it...

Who makes "Igloo"...never heard of that one?
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hope you have lots of room on the credit card, it won't be cheap. Do you have a few woodworking tools and some basic knowledge or know someone who does?