cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck tech

jerryleejr
Explorer
Explorer
Since my last truck was a bare bones 08 dodge dually, seems there’s all kinds of gadgets and gizmos available now. My question is how much is useful and usable with a TC mounted? For example when I tow with my Toyota I have to turn the parking sensors off or they will constantly beep because of the trailer. So Ram offers all these towing cameras and sensors as well as digital rear view mirror etc. How much can actually still be used? And what is rendered useless and not needed?

JJ
15 REPLIES 15

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
This seems like a silly post. Clearly a tailgate camera, an automatic rearview mirror and rear sensors are not going to be of any use. Nor would a skylight.

My truck came with all sorts of other accessories, many of which are really nice. I like the voice activated electronics including audio, nav and climate control. I thought the heated/cooled seat and heated steering wheel would be of little use. I was wrong. I really like them. My wife and I like the auto seat/mirror adjustments and we can easily push a single button to make the adjustments when we change drivers. Even things like the rain activated wipers are minor conveniences.