cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT mods

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from Lowes looking at tile for home remod project. While there I came across the peel and stick backsplash tile and my DW was like we should do that in our trailer. Our immediately went to RV.net and showed here some of the back splashes that members did. This mod is a go, now what I'd like to know is if anyone out there has replaced their under the cabinet pancake light with an led light fixture? If so what kind and where did you get it? Now that the DW is all hyped up, I want to take advantage of the situation. Thanks for any help you can give and remember, there is no substitute for experience.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
12 REPLIES 12

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
AirForceAngler wrote:
WayneAt63044 wrote:
I question the use of peel & stick anything in a trailer due to the heat always seems to liquify the adhesive and quits sticking. Am I the only one experiencing this? Maybe I need to find better products. Maybe this should be a new posting; I'll see what the replies are here first.

I had the same question when I read the OPs first post. While it seems like an easy mod, I don't think they'll last very long. The large temperature variances experienced in a TT will probably affect the adhesive quite negatively in a short time. Maybe I'm wrong.

worked for me,no issues after 2 years, they do not get hot.

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I've looked at several different textured wallpaper that's paintable at Home Depot. Haven't done it yet but it could make for a nice accent wall in the slide-out. As for the area behind the stove our trailer came with a stainless splash panel that extends across to the stainless sink.

LBL_1206
Explorer
Explorer
I bought mine at Lowes. mine is the antique gold looking sheets. I put them in the kitchen behind the stove and sink area. don't forget to purchase the end strips. easy too cut to size needed. they also sell the double sided, very sticky, tape.

AirForceAngler
Explorer
Explorer
WayneAt63044 wrote:
I question the use of peel & stick anything in a trailer due to the heat always seems to liquify the adhesive and quits sticking. Am I the only one experiencing this? Maybe I need to find better products. Maybe this should be a new posting; I'll see what the replies are here first.

I had the same question when I read the OPs first post. While it seems like an easy mod, I don't think they'll last very long. The large temperature variances experienced in a TT will probably affect the adhesive quite negatively in a short time. Maybe I'm wrong.
2013 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4 iForce 5.7
2014 Grey Wolf by Forest River 26BH TT

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
Big Love wrote:
Two suggestions: make sure that you clean the wall well before applying since there is likely some grease and grime from prior cooking and consider using a spray adhesive (e.g., 3M) to enhance the stickiness of the walls.

Loctite power grab is awesome stuff.
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

Big_Love
Explorer
Explorer
Two suggestions: make sure that you clean the wall well before applying since there is likely some grease and grime from prior cooking and consider using a spray adhesive (e.g., 3M) to enhance the stickiness of the walls.

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Bears Den wrote:
Just got back from Lowes looking at tile for home remod project. While there I came across the peel and stick backsplash tile and my DW was like we should do that in our trailer.

One member did an excellent video on back splash installation check it out.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
On my previous RV, I upgraded all the LEDs, mentioned in this thread: My EASY LED Upgrade

I used most 1141 LEDs on that rig, from the same vendor in my earlier post
Bob

JoeTampa
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the bulbs in my light fixtures with LED bulbs from eBay. Cheap and effective.
2006 Keystone Cougar 243RKS (First trailer)
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS (Traded in)
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 33RBTS (Current)
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.6L Duramax Diesel (LBZ)
Blue Ox Swaypro 1500 WDH
Prodigy P2 BC
Amateur Call AB2M

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a few other folks do the peel and stick tile, and it really dresses up the kitchen area nicely.
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted one of these under the cabinets..... I like it because it shines all the light down, unlike your typical pancake lights, so it lights up the counter space without having light glare back at me.

Flat Panel LED lights.

Another option, which I used in my cargo bays is this one:

LED Pancake light
Bob