cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV loses signal when bedroom light is on

kgarrett9999
Explorer
Explorer
My TV uses the rooftop antenna and gets a great pic till the bedroom light is turned on, then the TV loses the signal. I'm guessing that it is a short and I'll take it to the dealer when I get a chance, but does anyone have any quick ideas to check.
7 REPLIES 7

kgarrett9999
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer came with LED for most of the lights including the ones causing the issue. The TV is a standard 120V TV, so it wouldn't be on the same circuit as the 12V lights.
The lights are within a couple of feet of the antenna.
Definitely could be on the same circuit as the booster which is also in the bedroom.
It is under warranty, so I'll let the dealer resolve the issue but it will be after our 2 week vacation before I have time to take it in.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I'm dealing with the same issue in my new trailer. I've come to believe it is RFI from the LEDs and will investigate further.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
You need to hookup with this guy: Speakers turn off when I turn on the lights.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

Keith_Haw
Explorer
Explorer
I'd guess it's the LED light. Same happened to us after we installed led's throughout. The 2 closet to the TV, bedroom/bathroom, kill the picture when they're turned on. They're not led light boards, just standard replacement led lights.

I remember reading somewhere, just don't remember where, that it isn't unusual with some brands of LED's.

Fastfwd75
Explorer
Explorer
Sat amplifier anywhere near the light? Probably same circuit.
Eco Camp 20BH
Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 4.30

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I am guessing this is a 12 volt TV.
It could be that the light and the TV is on the same circuit. It could be that the voltage is dropping low enough that the TV doesn't like it.
It could be that the antenna is on the same circuit and voltage to the booster is dropping that low.
Take a good voltage reading on the circuit with a voltmeter.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have just recently installed a LED LIGHT BOARD in your bedroom that is probably the cause. Some LED lights that have built-in regulator circuit will emit enough RFI to kill a digital TV signal.

If this is the case use a $4.99 LED Board from EBAY/CHINA to solve the problem.

Just a thought for you to investigate

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS