Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under 3500 lbs

D2Forever
Explorer
Explorer
Hello!
I’ve been posting in new to rving - think it might make more sense to post here. What do you tow under 3500 lbs? Our TV is an Explorer and were ok with that. There’s 4 of us. Me and hubby, daughter and son, so prefer 3 dinstinct beds. Would rather not make up a dinette or sofa as a bed. Looking at BH, hybrids and pop ups. What has worked for you?
30 REPLIES 30

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
You are asking for a lot particularly with the beds. I tow a Dutchmen 1700BH. It almost meets your requirements. As far as pop ups go, I do not think you will be able to do it. Mine runs around 13K new. They make a more tricked out version called a Kodiak 174 that costs more. These have a sideways queen in front (can't walk around) and bunks in the back. The problem with my model is that the top bunk is pretty small. Otherwise it meets your requirements. you will likely need to look at the 8 foot wide units vs the 7 foot wide units. That will get you bigger bunks.

Your only hope "meeting all your requirements" would likely be a hybrid. The have the beds that pull out (tented ends, from the hardside part of the trailer. Jayco, Forest River and Starcraft make some. One example is the X20D JAY FEATHER but it is 4K dry as is the Rockwood Roo 183 from Forest River.

The only other thing you could do, as a compromise, is get rear bunks full size and have a "Murphy Bed" like version for the front bed. That would be Queen. Some of these are very easy to convert from a "Murphy" bed to a couch and look good also. You can even keep the bed covered ready to go for sleep. They are easy to convert. I can't find any of those but we looked at them before. Many brands have them.

So, based upon your "requirements" I'd say these are your choices per what I have discovered.