cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanity mirror latch

Nevrdun
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All, I’m looking for a vanity mirror latch for my 05 Lance 1030. No luck on this forum search so maybe I’m not calling it the right name. Any thoughts please!

May I become the person my dog thinks I am

5 REPLIES 5

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
We use an adjustable expansion rod, just slide it down when not needed. You can make it as tight as needed with just a couple of turns, when dropped down below door you can hang damp wash cloths on it if wanted. Have been all the way to Alaska and around western US and never had door open while traveling.
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Mine broke too on my 2001 845. I ended up putting a magnetic latch on the inside of the cabinet and the magnet plate on the inside of the door. The latch is screwed to a piece of wood and the wood glued to the inside of the cabinet (see pic). Hasn't come open in 2 months of travel, with some rockin' and rollin' on dirt roads. 🙂

Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Would something like these work?
click
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

tlowe43q
Explorer
Explorer
yrmv ... different RV, but I use a locking hook and eye.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
I searched for these years ago and could never find much in the way of an answer.

My work around and more effective solution was to install two small stainless steel eye hooks above and below the cabinet door on the side where it magnet latches and use two small bungee cords (I tied knots in the cord to shorten it so that they provided sufficient tension) to secure the door. When at destination, the cords removed the eye hooks were hidden by the edge of the cabinet door.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL