cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture RV construction

HaulinBass02
Explorer
Explorer
Folks, we are getting closer to buying a new TT and I’ve been drawn to the VentUre RV Sport Trek 320VIK. It hit all the buttons and check marks for my wife and I but I’m questioning the use of wood framing in a higher end RV in a day and age where lightweight and aluminum framing go hand in hand.
This will be our 4th RV and arguably one of our nicer ones and one that MUST last 10-12 years for us.
What are the thoughts and consensus from Sport Trek owners? This might be my biggest hangup with the camper. Everything else LOOKS nice I just wonder about the structure of this particular TT.
2005 Ford Excursion 4x4 6.0L PSD
2021 KZ Connect SE 312BHKSE

Me (DH), DW, 3 boys, 3 girls
4 REPLIES 4

HaulinBass02
Explorer
Explorer
Goducks10 I’m thinking same thing. For the length, it is heavy empty. It can only be due to the heavier wood construction. That being said, a lot of the complaints were due to cracking of the fiberglass and possible flex which I attribute to swelling and movement of the wood frame. Granted, there are a lot of people that love theirs but there also seems to be an equal amount of people that hate the lack of QC.
2005 Ford Excursion 4x4 6.0L PSD
2021 KZ Connect SE 312BHKSE

Me (DH), DW, 3 boys, 3 girls

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
My concern would be the weight vs length. At 36' long and only having a 9280 GVWR would make me leary. Also the brochure CCC weight of 1430 lbs , which will be less when delivered would also be a red flag. I've walked thru some of them at RV shows in the past and thought they were nice inside but when you look at the door sticker the super low CCC was a turn off.

As an example my 31' TT has a brochure CCC of 2915, but delivered it's around 2200. The Sport Trek is 5' longer but has 1/2 as much for CCC.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Lack of quality control is truly the issue.

I can say with confidence that the materials used in our 2020 trailer is far superior to those used in our older trailers.....yet I still had to spend the day tightening plumbing, adjusting cabinet doors , locks , slide cables.

I'm sure that Sport trek will be fine after QC gets their hands on it.....that being you.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
so I did a google review some good some bad. there is no rv built that does not have problems off the line, they have NO quality control. and don,t expect the dealer to fix them fast ,you,ll wait in line months to get repairs done. so if your not handy,can fix things on your own, don,t buy a rv. p.s theres mobil techs out there that come to you for repairs,most smarter than the dealers crew. and cheaper.