cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Walmart Spa Sensations mattress as a Futon for my TC?

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
I just read about the Spa Sensations mattresses in that other thread here, and an idea hit me.

I have been looking for an affordable custom mattress to use in my TC to make the dinette into a sort of futon. The Spa Sensations can easily be cut down to the 68" I need, and costs a mere fraction of a custom futon mattress.

Those of you who have them, do you think the 6" mattress will stay folded 90 degrees roughly in the middle for use as a futon-style sofa cushion? Or, will it tend to want to flatten itself out, even in the face of gravity?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.
2 REPLIES 2

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I have the queen size 8" and it is HEAVY! It is hard to pick up a corner to just put a fitted sheet on it, so I don't think that is the slightest possibility. Sorry.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I understand the Spa Sensations to be foam. If so, I see no way you could fold it (one piece) 90 degrees and have it stay at 90 degrees. If you made two covers, and cut the foam to suit the covers and stuff them with the foam they will hold the 90 degrees.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke