cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Walmartian

CptnBG
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know why but this camper has been jacked up in the air of a local Walmart for quite a while now. Almost looks abandoned. Hope this is not the case.

'03 2500HD CrewCab SB 6.0 Gas 4x4
'04 Northstar Laredo SC
Bilsteins 5100
2014 1500 Silverado 5.3 Double Cab
1951 Chevy 3100
Formally OBXcamper
51 REPLIES 51

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
It is people like that ruin the hospitality of businesses for overnight RV'ers. I would be tempted to offer the store manger free removal to show some good will - My utility trailer could easily slip under there and tow it away.

X2

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Regardless of what the reason is, it's "nunya bizness." It's between that Walmart's management/security, and the owner of the TC. They will deal with it.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

finsruskw
Explorer
Explorer
He's **** lucky someone hasn't clipped it by now or it hasn't blown over.
Looks pretty flimsy sitting up there on them 4 sticks!

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most Walmarts handle this issue by not providing water. There are no working faucets anywhere, including outside the garden center.

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
at local walmart, security guy was complaining that every night they need to watch this one MH that was hanging around in parking lot for last couple weeks. he keeps coming up to garden center to fill his tanks. wonder how he is emptying his gray/black? in a storm train probably.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hate to see Walmart parking lots turn into trailer parks with semi permanent campers. Eventually this stresses the corporate policy of welcoming RV visitors. I have seen Walmarts where a dozen or so RVers stay for weeks or months at a time.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, one time I found an Airstream trailer in a Wal-Mart parking lot. The owner left his hitch and all attaching parts laying on the ground in front of his trailer. This would or could have been an easy theft in Southern California. I went back later and the owner showed up. He was a real nice guy and had his four little kids with him. He said he was from New Hampshire and his wife had to work so he left with the kids. (he was a teacher) He disconnected the trailer to buy all new tires for his truck from Wal-Mart. Then he took his kids to Disneyland for the day. Next day he was gone. At least he made a good size purchase from Wal-Mart and had a good reason to un-hitch.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe someone was passing thru and had a major problem with their truck, like a transmission or engine failure. SO they left it there while the truck is getting fixed.
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
we had a trailer sitting for more than a month in our local walmart parking lot last winter. Yamaha generator strapped to front.
Later I saw him out at his camper so I stopped and asked how did it make out in 10-20's deg temps we were having.
it Turns out the guy came to see his brother, than had a heath emergency and ended up in recovery for 2 months :(.
but he did have a chance to winterize it right when this happened.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

Optimistic_Para
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
It is people like that ruin the hospitality of businesses for overnight RV'ers. I would be tempted to offer the store manger free removal to show some good will - My utility trailer could easily slip under there and tow it away.

"Honest, Officer! I had no idea there were three dead bodies in there! I didn't kill them! You have to believe me!"

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good to know that Walmart has 4 Happi-jack motor heads in stock that work.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Optimistic Paranoid wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:
AMATEUR.
Every member of this forum knows that fronts should be raised higher than the rear.
If that is longer than 3 days, that probably means Walmart Security can't find tow truck who would be willing to take it.

Why not stop in and ask the Walmart manager about it?

I am packing as we speak.
Should be over in a week, or 2.

CptnBG
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
It is people like that ruin the hospitality of businesses for overnight RV'ers.

That's my thoughts exactly
'03 2500HD CrewCab SB 6.0 Gas 4x4
'04 Northstar Laredo SC
Bilsteins 5100
2014 1500 Silverado 5.3 Double Cab
1951 Chevy 3100
Formally OBXcamper

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't look particularly level in either picture.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Bedlam

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD