cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warm Fridge - Dometic DM2882

kcgaz
Explorer
Explorer
My Dometic DM2882 has an ice cold freezer, but the fridge goes from low 40's to 60 as the day heats up. Does anyone know if this refrigerator has electric fans on the backside below the coils? I can't see any, but its pretty tight in the compartment. I'm thinking this could be an air circulation problem, but would appreciate any advice and guidance. Thanks in advance for your help!
Best,
Kevin
21 REPLIES 21

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic gives a 2 year warranty on that model according to their website.

Also check the thermister and ensure its clipped to the last cooling fin, probably near the center, but try moving lower or higher to see if that changes the temp.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is it still under warranty?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A battery powered twenty-five dollar in fridge fan works for me. Camping World and Amazon
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

kcgaz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for your helpful responses, the fridge is not in the slide as Brian noted. I checked under the vent cover on the roof and cleaned out some pine needles, but it did not make a difference. The rig is a 2021 model, so all should be new. I checked the door seals and they are good. Its as though the fridge is in defrost mode with moisture dripping from the fins inside the refrigerator. The freezer is at -6 and the fridge ranges from 40-60 degrees. I'm going to install fans below the roof vent cover and maybe on the wall cover. Any other ideas?

Microlite_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar issue when camping in warm, sunny places.

Added a Titan Fan system to the top of the vent chimney. It has a controller that turns the two fans on and controls the speed depending on the temperature of air in the chimney. Cooling totally depends on how much heat can be removed from the rear "coils" of the refrigerator and with the constricted space, normal convection is often not enough. I also added a couple small computer fans at the back of the refrigerator compartment with a switch that allows me to use one or both fans to circulate air inside.

Average Freezer temps on days approaching 100 degrees run 0-+5 F and refrigerator temps 33-38 F

https://www.amazon.com/Ventilation-Cooling-Refrigerator-Controller-TTC-SC22/dp/B077TJCL3F

The fan assembly can be installed at lower vent to blow air into the "chimney" or at the top (Under the vent cap) to suck air out. I found the top to be best for my setup.

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

"Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway."

~ Albert Einstein

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is ice cold 0F? Check door seals for leaks. Fans and outside wall cover shading can help.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Typical in hot weather. Adding a fan that clips onto the fins inside the fridge helps.

Adding fans to the "chimney" also helps. My twin fans for the chimney are on a mechanical thermostat.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.