cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water leak on kitchen slide out after putting new seal on.

ike1450
Explorer
Explorer
I previously had some questions about replacing a bunk end due to water damage. We are on a waiting list to get that repaired by a local dealer. Now there is a water leak over the kitchen slide out. My husband just replaced the seal, but still has a little leak. The damage from the water leak penetrated the wall over the stove, sink, couch and caused the wallpaper to bubble up quite a bit. Our neighbor said he had the same thing with a different trailer and did the repair himself by taking off the paper, sanding down the bubbles (craters),sealing the area and recovered the wallpaper to somewhat match. Has anyone done this and had it look decent? We hate to throw more money into it considering the cost of the new bunk end door. Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
I have never hung wall paper before but I would make sure I understood everything involved before I attempted it. Some things that look easy or are easy for others may be more than I want to deal with.

ike1450
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the leak will get fixed first. After that, does the rest of my post seem feasible? Has anyone ever done that type of repair themselves with good results? Thanks.

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
I would fix the leaking seal first