cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Stain on Ceiling

amuddin135
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a water leak on my ceiling. I got the leak fixed I think. What is the best way to remove water stain? My ceiling is a white paneling.
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 5.3 V8
2008 Keystone Summerland 2670BH
2004 Keystone Springdale 245 FB-(Sold)
2007 Can-am 500 Xt
2003 Honda Shadow Ace
1 Black Lab
5 REPLIES 5

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
I have removed water stains from canvas with LA w/Bleach Mildew Destroyer
Had good success on drywall ceiling at home dabbing with 50/50 bleach water every day till it blends in
Good Luck, Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine dry and found some chalk that matched the color and was going to wait till some idea came into my head of really what to do. 4 years later and nothing upstairs in my head yet, but the chalk is still up there. One light shows a little shadow depending of the angle of how I look at it. This was the chalk that kids write on sidewalks with, took awhile to find right color. I've subscribed to this because I'm still waiting for the best recourse of action. In the past on different RV's I've tried wet/dry vac and bleach and etc. Chalk has held up the longest and I used it as a "make-do" until I found something better.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
amuddin135 wrote:
I have had a water leak on my ceiling. I got the leak fixed I think. What is the best way to remove water stain? My ceiling is a white paneling.

For the most part the stain is not going to be removable, the water migrates through the paneling to the surface (underside of the ceiling).

If the surface of the ceiling is a vinyl you won't be able to remove the stain since what you are seeing is the paneling behind the vinyl (water removed the paint/colorant from under the vinyl showing the actual panel board).

Some are nothing more than a photo paper which is applied to the ceiling surface, water damages the paper and you will have a stain.

If the surface is vinyl try a Magic Eraser sponge, just wet it and gently scrub the affected area but don't try that on a paper surface as it will remove the paper in the process making a bigger problem.

In most cases you might have to PAINT the ceiling with a stain blocker/primer then a couple of coats of regular paint.

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would try "kills" paint, they are made for stain blocking.
Dr Quick

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
If TSP won't touch it then I would prime and paint but only after being damn certain the leak is fixed.