cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you put in your beds...sheets?

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
:@What do you put in your beds...sheets or sleeping bags? I really would rather sleep on sheets with a blanket over them, but when we close up the bed....won't all that fall on the floor? Any suggestions how you keep the bedding on the bed, when the beds are closed would be very helpful. We just bought a HTT and need to figure out this stuff.

Thanks in advance.
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!
26 REPLIES 26

LEMII
Explorer
Explorer
gem1122 wrote:
ChooChooMan74 wrote:
Made just like my bed at home. With a 3" memory foam.

Same here. Everything gets folded up and stacked on sofa when it's time to move on.

+1
Me
My lovely and gracious wife
Maggie, our Yellow Lab
2007 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 23B
2008 Toyota 4Runner V8 Limited AWD

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Just for thought: I always made my beds with sheets, blankets, etc. but I was outside. Then pulled the canvas over the bed and hooked it underneath. The only time that didn't work was when we were beside a large cliff and I would have had to have been 60' tall to reach in. That was scary and I didn't sleep on that side of the htt.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We use sleeping bags with sheets inside on our twin beds. Takes about 30 seconds to `make up' a bed.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

gem1122
Explorer
Explorer
ChooChooMan74 wrote:

Same here. Everything gets folded up and stacked on sofa when it's time to move on.

1rickw
Explorer
Explorer
We have been using a Travasak now for over 10 years. Here is a link from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Travasak-Evergreen-Microsuede-System-Comforter/dp/B008GPIA58/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
2004 Jamboree 26Q

+ great wife to travel with

:B
2012 Honda Fit towing 4 down with BrakeBuddy

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
When we had our HTT, we used a memory foam topper, fitted sheet, then top sheet and blanket. We used the stretchy hooks that attached under the mattress. As long as the mattress stayed in place, the bed clothes stayed on. Worked for us for 3 years.

Sheet Keepers - this is what we used.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
MonaK, are still going off beaten paths? The 23b is known for low drains, low approach angles, and the limited payload offered. We towed our pup with 5.3V8 TB and moved it to backup duty after struggling on downhill highway grades with the BH HTT.

It was either the 3.42 and/or frontal area and it was unable maintain 50mph on a 7 percent downhill grade. I have not have any power issues putting full size trucks in front of it.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2 bunk ends and rear bunk beds. The bunks get memory foam which is stored on the top bunk during travel. Mattress liners on the kids lower bunk and side bunk end. Outdoorsy comfy sheets, fleece top layer, and lots of pillows. We are very comfortable. Crazy sunny site, and on go the SHW gizmos.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Our '07 ROO 23SS was made up just like the beds at home. Mattress pad, sheets, blankets, quilt. I'm just not a sleeping bag person and much prefer the regular set up. DH didn't much care, but think he ended up preferring the sheets, etc. We left the mattress pad on the mattress, but usually pulled off the sheets, etc and washed even after just a weekend. On a longer trip, we had to take the quilt off, but left the sheets and blanket and it was fine to close up....just had to straighten everything when we set up the next time. Many use memory foam or some other toppers, but we were fine with the standard heated mattress. The mattresses on ours folded in half so that held the sheets and blanket in place when we closed up.

Don't know if your bunkends are loose with snaps and Velcro to close it up or are attached. Ours were open and when everything was done, bed made, then DH snapped and Velcro'd the flaps down. It worked best for us doing something I read on here about making them from both inside and outside....I'd been crawling all over the bed before. DH worked from the outside and I did the inside. Easy as pie. Snaps, Velcro, done. If you have attached canvas, I doubt that would work. Happy camping!
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

TerriStar
Explorer
Explorer
sleeping bags with a fitted sheet over mattress. Three beds to make in our hybrid and no one helps me with that part so I make it easy on myself. They set up the rest of the camper so I don't complain.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

cresb
Explorer
Explorer
Comforters. We bought matching king size comforters. Keep the plastic container they come in. Fold over half and they are just like sleeping bags. When on the road roll up and put back in plastic to store under the table, on the couch or where you like.