cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in a name?

AnnMarie
Explorer
Explorer
As a new owner, I've been researching and reading everything I can get my hands on (found that reading an owner's manual may cure my insomnia better than anything else).

One of the things I've noticed is that many people have named their trailer. I always thought it would be awesome to name my home, like you see in the UK. I've just never not come up with a name that fits. Perhaps I'll have better luck with my RV.

So, does your RV have a name? If so, what's the name and the story behind it.
70 REPLIES 70

RDMueller
Explorer
Explorer
We named ours Happy. Yep, Happy Camper!
Rob and Julie
2015 Forest River Wildwood 28DBUD
2001 Dodge Ram 2500, 24V Cummins 5.9

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
K_and_I wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
I grew up around boats, so just about everything has a name. Our house is Windrush, sailboat (now gone) was Bluewind. First camper was Bluewind 2, second camper was Silverwind, third camper was Bluewind 3, and our present camper is WaywardWind.
I think it all has to do with air movement.

We followed the same air movement theme: we call ours Breaking Wind.
🙂

LOL. We could do that if I changed the D to an F on the camper.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

jungleexplorer
Explorer
Explorer
I had a truck named "Old Blue" once. I had to give it a name because it was made from parts from different manufacturers. It started out life as a 1971 Ford F-100. The engine blew out and was replaced with 4 cylinder Perkins diesel off an old Massey Ferguson tractor. That produced too much torque and burned out the transmission, So it was replaced with a 4-speed manual out of a Chevy 3/4 diesel truck. That produced so much torque it strip out the deferential so that was replaced with a dully off of an Agrale 2 ton flat bed cargo truck.
The bed would not fit the new differential so it was replaced with a custom built bed. The cab was blue in color, so we called it Old Blue. Best truck I have ever owned. I owned it for years and sold it off about five years ago and it is still on the road today.

He is a picture of it.

1999 Minnie Winnie WF322R

siamese
Explorer
Explorer
Our sailboat is named Straycat (we travel with our cats, and it's a "Cat"alina sailboat.

Somehow, I'm not motivated to name our trailer, although, because of the many similarities between a boat and a TT, I sometimes refer to it as the dirt-boat.

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
GrandpaKip wrote:
I grew up around boats, so just about everything has a name. Our house is Windrush, sailboat (now gone) was Bluewind. First camper was Bluewind 2, second camper was Silverwind, third camper was Bluewind 3, and our present camper is WaywardWind.
I think it all has to do with air movement.

We followed the same air movement theme: we call ours Breaking Wind.
🙂
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

Takamine
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT is a Springdale, so we named it "Dale". Our F150, we named "Chip". The rig together is referred to as "Chip 'n Dale".
2016 Springdale 2600TB
2012 Ford F-150

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
My brother (who used to live on a sailboat) named his Class C motorhome The Thirsty Whale. I thought that was a pretty good name. I'm going to try to think of something clever to name mine when I get it.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
My RV and vehicles were already named when I got them. My car's name is Toyota, my truck is named Ford, and my RV is known as "Airstream." Whoever named them for me saved me a lot of trouble.

TheBreu
Explorer
Explorer
SkimmerBob wrote:
We have a Jayco Swift. So the DW thinks it's funny to call it the Traylor Swift.:R

LOL I think that's hilarious
2000 F350
2000 Fleetwood Mallard

SkimmerBob
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Jayco Swift. So the DW thinks it's funny to call it the Traylor Swift.:R

TheBreu
Explorer
Explorer
Our last name starts with Breu, and it's German heritage, so we call our trailer "The Breuhaus"
2000 F350
2000 Fleetwood Mallard

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
I find naming things endearing.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thinking that naming and inanimate object is childish. One would assume there is something wrong with being childish. 🙂

Life makes many demands on a person, there is no sense giving up your sense of humor also.

I will admit my TT still will not come when I call it. The truck is much smarter, it locks and unlocks itself, beeps its horn, and starts itself; all with only non-verbal hand commands...and the key fob of course. 🙂 🙂

Enjoy the ride.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
Old 'Pop-Up' named "POGO"...... Current Sunova Class A named "SUNNY"..... Our first Class C never got named.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
When we were in South Dakota the first 2 weeks in July, we found a sign maker shop and FINALLY got one made! I have it taped in the back window so it won't be exposed to weather and has stayed in place for about 2000 miles now! Yes, it gets a LOT of attention!