cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is your truck camper headed this summer?

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
Its March 7th and we still have 3 feet of snow surrounding the truck camper. It looks like it going to be another month before the camper hits the truck. Heading to northern Ontario for a few days in April and then down to the east coast for a while during May.

With gas prices down this year I see Alaska is getting a lot of attention. Did that in 2012 so I don't think that's in my plans this year. Thinking maybe California?

Anyone want to share their plans?

Paul
85 REPLIES 85

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
I had retired June 01,2015 and we're on our way to Alaska.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
Just a trip to Maryhill State Park, south of Goldendale, right on the Columbia. Fourth of July fireworks in Hood River, always a great show. Hope to have time to check out the Warbird museum. (The Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum (WAAAM for short))
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

gorohoff
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving Seattle at the end of August, and heading North to Hyder, AK, then East to the Canadian Rockies, South to Montana, East to the Dakotas, North back into Canada and over the Great Lakes, back to the US and down the East Coast, to Florida for December. Then take a half dozen months and figure out how to get back to Seattle. I really don't have it figured out after Florida.
-Andrew

"For all its material advantages, the sedentary life has left us edgy, unfulfilled."
-Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

H2oSprt
Explorer
Explorer
We leave next week for a three week trip:

Stop one Bryce Canyon
Stop two: Yellowstone for 8 nights
Stop three: Tetons for 3 nights
Stop four: tbd
15 expedition El ecoboost

2008 Jayco 12hw

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, WA. (near Leavenworth and Lake Wenatchee)

That's the only planned trip so far.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Anticipation. Where are we headed this summer in the TC? Minus the 5 day trip to Seattle in May, the camper is headed onto the 8 summer jack stands for a 3 month stint as an occasional extra bedroom when we have a house full of visitors. Summer is not our season for TC travel. On the occasions we do travel after June 1st, and before October 1st, it's to include high altitude touring. Why do we not do summers? Because we can. One of our prime directives is to swim upstream when everyone else is swimming downstream. BKA has said much the same thing.
jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well naturally, we're going to the 2015 National Truck Camper Rally in Colorado as featured in Truck Camper Magazine.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Heading north to Davis/Sacramento area in a few days for a UC Davis graduation party, then continuing further up... I live my life on a calendar, so no specific reservations at this point other than Rancho Seco Recreational area in Herald for a few days.. On the way back I'm heading into the wilderness on the western slopes of the Sierras and will stop at Soda Springs campground east of North Fork, and then on to other places as the mood strikes! I've extended my one week trip to Davis to 16 days, so I'm TOTALLY stoked to get away!! ๐Ÿ™‚

More as I decide or know..
Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

bookmaker
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, I currently have a crack in the frame of my Ford Dually where the right side airbag attached. Assuming I get it repaired in time, we're planning a trip to Oshkosh, then a later trip to southern Ohio.

Dale
Dale & Rose Cavin, Marianna, FL
2004 Dodge Laramie dually , Cummins diesel
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:
2004 Lance 1121 (lost to hurricane Michael 10/10/18)

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Regrouping after trip up thru Michigan and loop around UP down thru Wisconsin, etc. Once crew lined out and work lined up for them we'll be heading to Colorado to see kids for a bit then venture on other places, Wyoming a possible on the list, other places we haven't been over the years. Don't know how long past 2 weeks we'll stay gone, see how it goes and adjust. Have to service truck and get deer damaged bumper fixed first.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

Bedlam
Bedlam wrote:
The list is building but trips planned so far:

Birch Bay
Fidalgo Bay
Soap Lake
Lake Sawyer
Moses Lake
Ocean Park
Ocean Shores
Long Beach
Leavenworth
Spokane
Colorado Springs

Cheney, Newport and Quincy have replaced Ocean Park, Soap Lake and Spokane on our list and some dates have been adjusted to allow for even more time away.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

ijon
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to Maine, Mass. and New Hampshire in Aug.

bikepsych
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Cody, Wyoming and Northern Colorado next weekend via Las Cruces and Santa Fe. Then toward the end of July, from California to Galveston to New Hampsire and home. I figure its likely to be a 15,000 mile summer. Already went up to Crater Lake.

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
Mogollon Rim in AZ this weekend for a week to get out of this 90 degree heat!

Jeff_and_Abby
Explorer
Explorer
VERY SADLY, the TC is headed towards the scrap yard ... ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž
Many years of being outdoors and the dastardly effects of water and winter took their toll.
Time has come to give the Veri-Lite a fond good-bye.
Harvesting a lot of parts from it ... we put a new "core" in the Dometic fridge a few years back, no reason we can't keep it useful; I'm sure I can find some takers for various pieces and parts.
As dismantling began, saw the ravages of wood rot and rust.
The propane heater has still worked like a champ as we have removed the cabinetry, electrical parts, and about a half-million of those (bleep) S-2 square head screws. It will find a home in my workshop or just possibly a mini-shelter.

We will be headed out later this Spring in a new Travel Trailer ... our goal is to get back into extended dry camping on our land in upstate New York; we found a trailer that is more or less a rolling kitchen and pantry with a bit more floor space than our TC had.

There was one used Lance TC at the dealer, and as we walked past it, just one last tug at the heart-strings ... our pause to think about it was noticeable.

Nothing but good to say about our time in the Truck Camper, even with a couple dogs, we loved being able to get in and out of campgrounds quickly and felt almost guilty at how affordably. The time off-grid in the forest was time in God's country.

Thanks to the all kind folks here in TC forum for their knowledge shared along the way. Our best regards to all of you, and ... happy trails.

( edit to correct typos mostly. )
2015 Prime Time Tracer 235 AIR
1998 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab "Laramie" SLT (360 SRW)
( sadly had to retire the 1994 Veri-Lite M-1130 11.5' )
Doin' that New York Up-State Toodleloo