cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where would you love to camp?

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
Anyplace you have not camped but would love too?

Joshua Tree Park for me....
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS
33 REPLIES 33

eend
Explorer
Explorer
Anywhere on the west coast, the problem is this ferrys are the killers, and we need more time, sucks when jobs are getting in the way.
2019 VW Tiguan
2015 F150 ecoboost
2013 Arctic Fox 22G
1971 Boler 1300

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Next trip (as opposed to camping) is the northern plains (Black Hills, Little Big Horn, Yellowstone & Grand Tetons), and possibly going south to some of the NP's in Utah plus Monument Valley.

I'm also thinking about doing the Canadian Maritimes plus Maine, New Hampshire & Vermont.

We had planned on doing the northern plains trip this year, but we had to postpone it due to the arrival of twin boys (grandsons). They are due during the period we would have been gone, May.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

JohnES
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info concerning the Baja. I also enjoyed your pictures of your trips.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
JohnES, there are some folks who still take their RVs to Baja, and they say I am worried about nothing. But I also know some very experienced Baja travelers who have stopped going due to the problem of crime. Check out the Mexico forum for more info. Beware -- there are a lot of people on that forum who are way too alarmist, and others who ignore all danger.

By the way, the problems are confined to Northern Baja -- the south is fine. Unfortunately, I have to drive through the north to get to the south. and that is why I am hesitant.

My wife and I drove down there (without the trailer) in 2006, just before the drug wars started. It was wonderful -- we went whale watching in San Ignacio, and the baby whales came swimming up to the boat to be petted.

As soon as it is safe to go, we are returning. The people were wonderful, the food was great, the beaches were great. The roads were not, but that was part of the adventure.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Jframpey
Explorer
Explorer
OZ

JohnES
Explorer
Explorer
How about The Baja in Mexico. The only problem is, I'm kind of scared to go south of the border, should I be?

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to TX and OK this week.Will RV in KY, E TX, Arlington, Central OK, Central AR and then Ky. Don't have any dream spots but would like to go to AK from VA some day. At 5 grand it's sort of out of the question.

Aluminum_Siding
Explorer
Explorer
Yellowstone and on a beach in Florida.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I want to visit the NE during the leaves changing season and also lobster season. We also want to go out west on an extended trip, taking the northern route one way, and the southern route the other way.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Transylvania? I have a friend there who goes camping in the mountains whenever she is off work, the photos she sends are beautiful. The culture is different, one camps in meadows with permission of the farmers, and as you hike up into the mountains there are public cabins to share, and you socialize with the other people who happen to be there at the same time.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
PS, I have done Fundy National Park in New Brunswick Canada. I highly recommend..
SOOOO Many things to see. Hopewell Rocks, Magnetic Hill, Reversing Falls, Whale watching tours...

Also, there is nothing like heading into town, buying a lobster off the boat and cooking it on the fire....

Here is a picture of the Hopewell Rocks at high and low tide...

Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
In my dreams, we are on a deserted beach on the Pacific in Baja. In the real world, that is not going to happen -- it is now too dangerous. Maybe someday things will calm down.

This summer?? Maybe a remote part of the Wind River Range of Wyoming, or some obscure provincial park in British Columbia.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

JAL_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Angel Lake, NV

Not my picts here, but we always camped here on our cross-country tent camping trips to Oregon to see both sets of grandparents. Sun would "set" over that half glacier in mid afternoon giving us shade in the CG and causing it to cool down nicely for the evening, esp. being at 8,000 ft. Great sleeping weather - often woke up cold the next morning.

Last time here was 1977. It's on the list for the RV cross-country trip in a year or so. Not sure how far up we can pull TT. There's a lower campground, Angel Creek, that is easier to get to.
JAL
2002 Burb 2500 LT, 8.1L, Autoride, 4x4
2005 Jayco Eagle 298BHS
๐Ÿ™‚Check It OutReese HP 1,200 Lb. Bars WD/Dual Cam HP Sway Control/Prodigyยฎ Brake Control

Family: Two Baby Boomers with Two Generation Y Kids -- All RV Generation

CAMPED IN:

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our big trip next year is either going to be California, Oregon, and Washington with Yosemite and Yellowstone thrown in, or up to New England and Nova Scotia area with Niagara Falls and the Green Mountains and Celtic music.
The Dakotas, Mount Rushmore, the Great Lakes and Chicago is another desire.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch