cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Rayzar Antenna

Rollin
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had any experience with the installation and operation with this antenna? I'm thinking of ditching the dish (I know that it's not a satellite dish).
12 REPLIES 12

Bedlam
I had the Winegard RS-2000 on my previous RV before my current Jensen ANHD20M. That Winegard model did very well but I don't know how well the current RS-3000 does in comparison. The Jensen is just a poor antenna, but I don't need another reason to sit and watch TV. The Rayzer Automatic looks interesting, but the $350 price tag does not seem to be in line with its real world performance.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
This subject of Winegard's Rayzar antennas is confusing. Some people are speaking of the "Rayzar Air" manual antenna designed to replace or supplant the classic bat wing antenna .... and others are speaking of the "Rayzar Automatic" antenna... a self aiming totally different antenna.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased the Winegard Razor Air in May. I had previously added this to our previous rv and found it brought in about 3X the number of channels.

It is NOT a replacement for the batwing, just an easy add on to it. Quick and easy installation (less than 10 minutes!)

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=78817&rewrote&affiliateid=5193&gclid=CNae3vuJsckCFYqIfgodqRgOCw

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Antenna Web.com, AntennaPoint.com, among others. And using the Sensar Pro Signal Strength meter, you can zero in on the best signal strength, then amplify it. We can do up top 65 miles in flat country.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
Steeljag wrote:
WNYBob wrote:
Sorry about stealing the topic, but exactly how do you locate towers using the Internet? Do you use an app?

I'm sure there are Apps, however,
there are several on the web. AnteniaPoint. Com is one. Simply enter your address / or zip code and it shows the towers from that location.

www.antennapoint.com
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
Sorry about stealing the topic, but exactly how do you locate towers using the Internet? Do you use an app?

I'm sure there are Apps, however,
there are several on the web. AnteniaPoint. Com is one. Simply enter your address / or zip code and it shows the towers from that location.
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rayzar posts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
I have had no issues with my standard batwing that came on my unit in five years. I use the Internet to locate the towers and simply point it in that direction. The two most important things are distance from a tower and ensuring you have your antenia pointed in that direction.

Good luck and let us know how the new unit works.
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can not fathom a flat to the roof antenna would be better than the latest batwing.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this elsewhere but my experience was not good.

I have a Sensar manual and I wanted the Rayzar due to its automatic feature.
Spoke to the Winnegard person at Hershey and was told "it may not be better than the Sensar but definately will not be worse". So I ordered one.

Big disappointment. I don't remember the numbers but the Sensar pulled in many more channels than the Rayzor. Talked to Winnegard and got a bunch of excuses why the Rayzor was not pulling in as many channels (remember all I did was swap out the antenna - everything else stayed the same).

Personally - I would not buy the Rayzor. The Sensar seems to be the best OTA

Gerry
Gerry

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
Rollin wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with the installation and operation with this antenna? I'm thinking of ditching the dish (I know that it's not a satellite dish).

Another curious potential customer here. This is the self aiming model, correct?
I have yet to locate anyone with first hand knowledge, customer or installing tech.
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.