Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired Camera Recommendation

Fitzbev
Explorer
Explorer
For anyone looking for a backup camera with sensors you may want to look HERE

I'm thinking of using one for either loading the TC by mounting it to the front bed wall or as a front parking camera on my F250. It has great reviews and it very reasonable with easy installation.
Best Regards,
Fitz

2015 F-250 PSD, Platinum, Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Bags, Helwig Sway Bar, 2" Fender Flares, Front Hitch, Diamond Back Bed Cover, 19.5 Load "E" Tires
2016 Northern Lite 811 QSE.
8 REPLIES 8

Tom_Anderson
Explorer
Explorer
gitpicker2009 wrote:
do any of you have any advice on a camera I can mount on the back of the AF1150? Something I can see behind me with, maybe keep an eye on the trailer with the 4 wheeler? I picture something up near the back porch light looking back and down.

I bought a camera for about $30 on Amazon and mounted it exactly like you described. I ran the wire in through the center marker light, then through the porch light switch on the inside, around the door frame, then through the vent into my storage compartment and out through the floor of the left side wing, sealed up with caulk.

I already had an aftermarket camera on my rear license plate (on the truck bumper), so I just run the wire from the camper camera over the top of the bumper, unplug the regular one, and plug the camper one in. My monitor is built into my head unit/navigation system.

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two possible suggestion.

- I have mine on top the rear rack locking down. This works very well except I tend to bump it when climbing on the roof. My thread and other comments and suggestions are here:

Back-up camera mount

- Another member with the Fox landing mounted it on the Fox landing. That seems a pretty good option as well.

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
do any of you have any advice on a camera I can mount on the back of the AF1150? Something I can see behind me with, maybe keep an eye on the trailer with the 4 wheeler? I picture something up near the back porch light looking back and down.

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
I also have the Hopkins camera and like it a lot. Amazon has it for $119.00

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased and installed a wired 7 inch monitor camera system for 56 dollars from amazon. I bought the monitor and camera separate. I also bought a wireless transmitter and receiver which I did not use as I hard wired it. For 56 dollars. It works perfectly. If you go to amazon and put in reverse cameras they will show them and then suggest monitors or wireless systems together as a combo, piece of cake!
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tom/Barb wrote:
For 135.00 bucks, I'll stick the old lady out there with a walkie talkie.
Yea right. I bet you are just talking big. She probably puts you out there.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
For 135.00 bucks, I'll stick the old lady out there with a walkie talkie.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
This is the exact camera I installed on our Duramax. Got it at etrailer (best price and great customer service).

It was an easy and fun install project. There are a number of videos at etrailer detailing the product and vehicle specific install.

This camera has been invaluable both when hooking up our trailer and just everyday driving...
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro