cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring question.

Kelpike
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a 2003 Coachman 25' trailer that had a bedroom that was partially gutted. There is a junction box under the bed. Two of the trailer light wires were disconnected from this box. Does anyone know which wires the trailer light wires (green and white at top of pic) connect to in the box? I will try to add a photo to this post.
https://s569.photobucket.com/user/kelpike/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20200704_154604_zpsobxcaggd.jpg.html
21 REPLIES 21

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Do the marker lights still work if you disconnect the one green wire but leave the white connected?

Do you have a multimeter or 12 volt test light? Are you sure that your tow vehicle is even sending brake and turn signal at the socket? Are you receiving power at the junction box in the trailer?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Kelpike
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys, thank you for the replies. I hooked the white to the whites and the green to the greens. That powered up the four front yellow marker lights. As of now my rear parking lights work but my brake lights and blinkers do not work.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a tone generator/signal tracer and hook it to the green wire. Then go around the trailer with the detector to see what is found.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Now that it's not midnight and my brain is working again. Yellow wire with blue cap is probably reverse lights. It's almost never hooked up.

The single capped off green and white wires are probably not exterior lights. You might have to feed power to them through a fuse and see what happens.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would go with the white to the white and the green to the green. If you have a multi-meter check the voltage of the two greens. If it's 12 volts and stays there when turning of other items your good.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
I’m guessing the yellow would be lights(?)
The black and white maybe after market add on.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Well the whites are obviously grounds. Everything else is kind of a guess. But standard wiring would be
Blue - Electric brakes.
Brown - Tail and running lights.
Green - Right turn and brake.
Yellow - Left turn and brake.
The two thick red wires are battery charge.
The black wire in with the red charge wires is possibly the emergency breakaway switch power.
Not sure on the little reds, they could be the breakaway wires instead of the black one..
Not sure on the single capped off yellow green or white wires.

Do all the lights work?

Click For Full-Size Image.