Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another day on the road. Food, Engine Tinkering, Boondocking

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II

Another day on the road. Food, Engine Tinkering, Boondocking  

1000004063.jpg

Boondocking In Flagstaff, loaded up on food and supplies, more truck engine Tinkering, Meteor Crater Rest Area, and Archie closes out the video. I poured Bars Leak Copper coolant system stop leak into the coolant system and so far so good, it seems to have patched whatever was leaking.

4 REPLIES 4

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

I thought you put a new engine in that truck a couple years ago. Guess whatever gets you down the road, but yuck!  I don’t use stop leak in anything I like or plan on keeping. 

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Yes, it has a new engine rebuilt by Ford. The new engine has developed all the problems the old engine did, it just hasn't seized up yet. The copper Bars Leak has pretty well stopped the coolant leak. There appears to be a small oil leak into the coolant but not coolant into the oil. 

When I get bach home, I plan to replace the head gadkets and use ARP studs and nuts to actually torque the heads down, instead of the Twist To Torque junk Ford developed. Hopefully that will fix the problem with the heads. The problem is the 5.4 liter is too small. The transmission downshifts from 4th to 2nd too readilly causing the engine to rev 4 to 5000 rpm which is no good. Basically, a bigger truck engine is in my future. Stay tuned.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III

the ;last few posts should almost be posted in the tow vehicle group.. not much to do with truck campers eh.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Post in tow vehicles? Odd take! Everything I post is truck camper related, be it camping in a TC, Taking care of the truck, taking care of the camper. Trip reports with the truck and camper.