cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It looks like my truck camper days are over.

specta
Explorer
Explorer

It appears that the water heater is what started the fire. I am thrilled that the entire camper didn't go up in flames.

Monday morning coming home from work I either had a mini stroke of some kind of seizure. I drove about 15 miles and woke up with my camper laying on its side next to my truck and the front wheels of my truck in the creek.

Here's where my camper was laying.

And here's where my truck was. I don't remember any of it.

Back in Jan during routine scans my brain MRI showed some new cancer, they think swelling from the cancer may have been what caused my problem.

I have appointments with my radiation oncologist and my neurologist on Tuesday to discuses the plan.

I am very grateful that I not seriously injured. Grateful that I went off the road where I did. Grateful to still be here.

I doubt that I will replace the truck or the camper. I might start looking for an "vintage" TT to tow behind my 1976 F-250.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
49 REPLIES 49

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III
Glad you are still here. It sounds like it could have ended a lot worse.
Sorry about your health issues. The best disease is no good and all... I wish you a speedy recovery and successful treatment!
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
Wow Specta, glad to hear that you survived with minimal injuries. Sorry to hear about truck and camper though, I know you took pride in both and took care of them. Stay safe and I hope your recovery goes well!
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wow, get healed soon, hopefully you had decent insurance.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm glad you survived. You should be able to find a small TT. It's off season after all.

Get well soon.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
**** buddy, a tough day for sure.

Yes, glad it wasn't worse. An extra prayer for you today..this is that part of life that kinda sucks. I'll keep in touch.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!