cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NorCal Mini Truck Camper Rally - April 2023

adamis
Nomad II
Nomad II
Alright folks, it is that time of year again to start planning our Spring Mini Truck Camper Rally in Northern California!

Last year we had a small group but still had a great time. It was especially nice to catch up with everyone we have met over the years and we are looking forward to doing the same again this year.

Details are:
Dates: April 21st to 23rd (okay to arrive early or stay later if needed)
Location: Gloria Terrace Road (off of Bear Mountain Road), Redding, CA (See map below for details)
Activities: Camper Tour Saturday Midday, Potluck Saturday Night

Link to Map Location

Gate Padlock Combination: 1065

If your interested in going, just put your name in the hat on this list. There is plenty of space to be had!

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper
55 REPLIES 55

adamis
Nomad II
Nomad II
mike/kellie wrote:
Robert, we would like to take advantage of your offer of an early check-in. We have a friend within walking distance of your property and finalizing the timing of things for Wednesday or Thursday.
Can I bring up a string weed Wacker and do any site prep for you knowing how we were arranged last year?

Hi Mike, absolutely! I will be up in Redding on Thursday myself but likely won't be at the property until Friday mid morning. Gate code for the lock is 1065 so you can get in. If you have any trouble, shoot me a text, I am going to be only ten minutes away.

Weed wacker might be helpful but I honestly don't know what the current state is. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

RickW
Explorer III
Explorer III
3 tons wrote:
I don’t have a lawn, and a bare minimum of un-landscaped area, so no such wacker in my garage…

3 tons

I can bring one for you to use.
Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4, 04 Sunlite SB

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
I don’t have a lawn, and a bare minimum of un-landscaped area, so no such wacker in my garage…

3 tons

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
mike/kellie wrote:
Robert, we would like to take advantage of your offer of an early check-in. We have a friend within walking distance of your property and finalizing the timing of things for Wednesday or Thursday.
Can I bring up a string weed Wacker and do any site prep for you knowing how we were arranged last year?

Coming up fri... Will bring our whacker too...

Jim.
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

adamis
Nomad II
Nomad II
greenno wrote:
OP just wondering how many campers do you estimate will be in attendance?

We'll probably be rolling in sometime Fri afternoon as were staying the night about 300 miles south of the rally just off the 5.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hard to say, last year we had about 5 rigs I think. This year between 5 and 10 is my guess. I think most everyone from last year is in and I'm pretty sure there are a couple of new folks that posted in here making plans.

There should be plenty of room for up to about 20 campers and even then, we can probably squeeze more if we had to.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
OP just wondering how many campers do you estimate will be in attendance?

We'll probably be rolling in sometime Fri afternoon as were staying the night about 300 miles south of the rally just off the 5.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

RickW
Explorer III
Explorer III
adamis wrote:
Hi all, hard to believe we are getting to be so close to the rally. Excited to see you all again soon! Creek has been flowing well. This is a pic a neighbor shared, she took it at a bit of a weird angle but still quite a nice sight!

Everyone attending please bring your bathing suit so we can get a group photo under the waterfall. 😉
Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4, 04 Sunlite SB

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
adamis wrote:
Hi all, hard to believe we are getting to be so close to the rally. Excited to see you all again soon! Creek has been flowing well. This is a pic a neighbor shared, she took it at a bit of a weird angle but still quite a nice sight!

Up the creek with no paddle needed!!!! Great!

Jim.
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

adamis
Nomad II
Nomad II

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of damage on 395 had it closed until just recently. Now several spots are one-way traffic as they continue to advance with the storm repairs.

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info Jim.
Yeah were just gonna head up Thurs morning and hit the 15-395-58-5 like you said and probably drive till Sacramento or so and stay the first night somewhere around there.

Then roll out Friday morning and take our time and arriving at the rally site sometime in the afternoon.
Looking forward to seeing this area up close.
I know we have a 50a, sewer, water site reserved already so life should be good.

In case you didn't get my humor I am fully aware we are on our own as far as utilities are concerned which is just fine as we're self reliant, hell we even have our own propane campfire ring. Whats life coming too....

Not sure how many campers are coming but if anyone's heading out from SD let me know and we can caravan it to some extent for support if not we'll see everyone there.

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
greenno wrote:
Anybody have any info on road conditions up there in NorCal?
I know you guys were hit pretty hard with the rain and snow.
I heard Tahoe is a mess how about the area where the rally is taking place.
This will be the first stop on our way up into Oregon and Washington to see friends and relatives.

Since were down here in SD our weather doesn't really affect much as far as road closures and such.

Any info would be great.
Thanks.

Road conditions after the Grapevine I 5 will be good all the way to Redding....
Think the Grapevine should be good!

Are you thinking of coming up 15- 395-58 to 99-5, thus bypassing LA.

That is the way we travel from Sacramento down to SD or other places down there, except we just travel 99-58-15.

15-58-5 is 721 miles 11 hrs

5 all the way is 664 10.5 hrs

Hope to see you folks there!

Jim.

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody have any info on road conditions up there in NorCal?
I know you guys were hit pretty hard with the rain and snow.
I heard Tahoe is a mess how about the area where the rally is taking place.
This will be the first stop on our way up into Oregon and Washington to see friends and relatives.

Since were down here in SD our weather doesn't really affect much as far as road closures and such.

Any info would be great.
Thanks.

adamis
Nomad II
Nomad II
Sorry to hear you guys can't make it but hopefully you all can make the next one.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper