cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Picked up Okanagan this weekend-Wow!!

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Just got home,Wow I am in love(it's ok wife knows) in fact she crazy about the camper too. I don't know where to start, made it to Tom's Camper land in Arizona Saturday morning, switch campers,did paperwork walk thru and we were off back to California,camped at Joshua Tree lake camp ground for two days for test run,she passed with flying colors and then some!!! I have to say a great big Thanks to everyone at Tom's Camper land, great people,took care us and was honest and transparent about everything, I would travel to them again to buy a camper sight unseen.(Fresno,California to Tempe Arizona) I was impressed on how great the condition of the camper was look almost New inside,a little wear on outside,2006 model. The Okanagan did not disappoint me at the least, I had forgot about some of the features they offered at the time. Dual pane Windows with silver tint so you can't see in so you only need night shade,I could go on, I did check and inspected thoroughly and was unable to find any water leakage or soft spots. So we are planning to install the rest of the stuff left at home in the camper in next couple weeks add a few personal touch's and go camping. One question thou, it's got a generator box plumbed for propane,what would u put in? Honda,Onan or ??? We do a lot of boondocking, sorry for the long post will try to put up pictures tomorrow Thanks for everyone input too!!
13 REPLIES 13

cbanders
Explorer
Explorer

I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking at purchasing a 2007 116ULT. I had a 2007 Eagle Cap and drug a jack trying to find a campsite a couple of years ago and might be time to retire it. Curious how these old campers hold up. Looks like they were built well originally. Are they aluminum frames or wood?

Thanks!

Cory

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
So l am having problems up loading pictures, I up loaded them I think? Also as to the u shape dinette and oval table, camper comes with an extra table to make it in to a bed. There so much extra things that this camper came with and the quality, it's to bad that they went out of business, could only imagine what kind of campers that they might be building today.

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new to you BEAUTIFUL camper! Here's to many many miles and days of happing kamping! Honda generators can be converted to propane. Here is a video of it from Youtube..

Honda propane conversion video

... and here is a link for purchasing the kit...

$229 propane converter kit for Honda..

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

sharkman
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, just looked at it (tom's site) really nice, good price to.
Camper: 2005 Lance Lite 815
Truck: 2003 Dodge Ram Loramie 3500HD, CTD, DRW, Q/C, L/B, Draw-Tite Front Hitch
Boat: 1985 Alumacraft Trophy 175 - Evinrude 90 HP

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Man this is a really nice unit! I have never seen a TC with a pop-out on the back like that. Good luck with it!

Only question I had, does that U-shaped dinette drop down to make additional sleeping area? If so how does it work with a round table?

Here's a link to the pics on the Tom's Camperland website.

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK's were top shelf in their day...good score!

No pics...didn't happen?!
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my 2012 Chalet Ascent at Toms they were excellent to work with and both Toms and Chalet handled warranty issues in a quick, friendly way.
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! (We need photos....)

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome... Sounds like you guys have years of fun ahead of you.

Explorer1016
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure how efficient the Onan propane type gensets are. I have a Honda 2000 and have to say, trouble free, always runs for me and is exceptionally quiet. My problem has always been the length of time for fuel when using an electric heater. I liked to run the ceramic heater in the bedroom on cold nights to save on truck battery and propane but the Honda would always run out of fuel after about 6 hours due to the load the heater would put on the genset. Your camper might be much better insulated than my Palamino was and have a longer fuel burn time/tank. Good luck with the new camper.
2008 Host 300 Super 'C'
2008 Ford F-550 Chassis
Diesel
4x4
Lariat crew cab
20' enclosed car hauler/garage
'87 Jeep rock crawler
Turbo'd

LUVTOTRKCP
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations!!!!
The pictures were still up at Tom's, great looking camper. Hope you have lots of wonderful trips.

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations.

Hope you have many happy miles and great camping.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
Whooo hooo! Congrats on your new palace on wheels. Sounds real nice. Pic's
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)