cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Repo a Truck Camper???

DMJ8181
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2yo 2018 Travellite 770, I live in it full time (with other option) and still owe $11k. A stilt is falling off, step broke, shower and other things don't work. The thing is more or less totaled. I'm so tired of the endless repairs that I can't afford that I'm prepared to let my credit sink and tell the bank to come get it.
Can they even do that? It's sitting on the ground at the moment. Many Google searches have come up with NOTHING about repoing a truck camper that's on the ground. Also, a stilt isn't working and requires a specific tool to crank. Thanks.
67 REPLIES 67

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
The weirdest was one older couple, they paid rent no problem. Generally took care of the place. Professed wanting to buy the house. (I always had a lease to own contract handy for anyone willing and able). At the end of their lease term, they wouldnโ€™t re-sign.
I generously gave them 2 months @ month to month to either chit or get off the pot. At the end of that I told them to pack up and get out.
Turned out they had moved in 40 years of โ€œstuffโ€, didnโ€™t โ€œhave the resourcesโ€ to move and threatened legal action if I did eviction proceedings. And quit paying rent because it was โ€œtoo high.โ€ Lol.
It took a bit of โ€œcoercion โ€œ of which I cannot go into detail to get them to leave. They were the only deadbeats that didnโ€™t do any harm to the home though.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Kayteg1 wrote:
rhodedog98 wrote:
grow up, suck it up, act like an adult and stop all the wineing

That idea is not popular with
"life carrier welfare recipients"
Once I had a tenant who having Section 8 help, suppose to make $62 monthly rent contribution.
She went behind several months as it was not my priority and I was giving her option to simply leave, but finally I took her to court for eviction. She did not even remember the amount she suppose to pay.
Anyway, she fortified Section 8 help for life over $62 copayment and ended on the street.
With big bang I should add.

And thank the lord you donโ€™t or hopefully didnโ€™t have tenants through the Covid scamdemic. We got out of the rental property biz a few years ago and I will do everything in my power to NOT own another rental property. Especially after the Rona now.
I only rented out our previous residences, all of which were 2500-4000sf custom homes.
Of the 7 different tenants in 3 different houses in 3 different parts of the country, only 1 tenant was not a problem. The rest ranged from bad to horrible.
Literally, couple of them were people moving into a custom home, scraped up enough for first and security deposit with the plan to live for free.
Another moved in their entire extended family and extra pets.
Another tried to โ€œtradeโ€ โ€œimprovementโ€ work monthly for rent.

And I wasnโ€™t even dealing with the Section eighters!!!!

Timmo_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes, one has to decide which is more important...is it the destination of one's journey, or the journey itself?

Life is episodic, meaning what I do today, does become a building block for tomorrows decisions. If you trash your credit today...what's the plan for tomorrow?

And then we have this funny thing called "character". Who wants to be around people that are known to renege on their word?

Best answer has been repeated several times: Call the bank, tell them you can no longer afford to make payments, and you want out. But be ready to make a deal, as they will most likely make an "offer in compromise" as an alternative settlement. You pay less...and the bank loses less; sorta like a win-win/lose-lose for everyone.
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
rhodedog98 wrote:
stop all the wineing

There's no wine mentioned in this thread.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

rhodedog98
Explorer
Explorer
grow up, suck it up, act like an adult and stop all the wineing

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
Question: Can they?
Answer: Yes

Example of an unusual Repo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89SDmJOPaiw

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
It is the bank's TC (until you pay for it) and if they want to repo it then they can repo it. How is this even a question? This is such a stupid post, and Im being nice saying this. Dumb dumb dumb.

VT is a bit far or I would come repo it for the bank. I would have no problems getting it loaded and to the impound lot.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Aww, I was hoping for some fun news or pics when I saw this one brought back to life....

Cristian123
Explorer
Explorer
I feel you. I had issues with my old truck and repaid it every year before traveling. It was a real pain for me. Also, there was a case when I needed to repair it fast and didn't have money for that, so I got an auto repair loan. Fortunately, I sold it and bought another truck in better condition.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
... Once the RV is picked up and resold, you can be held responsible for the loss that lender incurs.

Don't know if that might apply to RV, but in the wave of post 2007 foreclosures, banks would accepts lower than mortgage settlements, aka short-sale.
Still something that will take talking to the bank and posting on this forum will not resolve it.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
My deceased father had a ton of problems with his DP Alfa-see-ya. After one year, he quit making payments. He told them to come get it. Problem is, it's not the manufacturer's that are the lenders, That's a third party company that has no clue how to fix these massive problems. They are stuck. Yea. They eventually came and picked up his motor-home. Credit? What did he care? He was retired, collecting a federal pension they couldn't touch. There-in lies your problem. Once the RV is picked up and resold, you can be held responsible for the loss that lender incurs.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
DMJ8181 wrote:
Respectfully, I've taken great care of it, it's been my HOME for two years. I simply asked CAN THEY REPO IT? As I said, I have other living options, I don't see how my lifestyle is relevant.

The best answer would be from the creditor. Call and ask them.
That said, protecting one's credit is priceless. Get the camper on it's feet and sell it for whatever you can get.

That particular camper is for "weekender" use - not for living in it. You probably have used up most of it's life - time to move on.
Try to make good decisions.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious whether there are lemon laws where you live. Perhaps, you could see about being reimbursed, if it is really that bad a product. Sorry, I don't know how you would go about finding out about such things, but you might do some research along these lines. Good luck. I hope you find a solution to your problems.
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Best thing you can do is document the problems you have with it, if you have a blog post about how much trouble it is causing you. Let others know about the quality issues. Maybe you will get the manufactures attention.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
To the OP. Always come to this forum well-prepared. If not, bring your own cross and nail. People here and be brutal and I don't mean brutally honest, just brutal.

Kind of like a lynching. Next time, or still, bring specifics, pictures, etc. Even then I recommend bringing the cross and nails.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog