cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

Dcoleram
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
No pics but I should have taken them.

I painted the lower wing area black. I don't backup very much in the dark, but I'm sure it will help compared to the old white. My wife did most of the work and I sprayed after she taped it off.

DW also did painting of her own. She painted the letters on the front where the decal used to be. I think it looks good.

A couple of days ago, we replaced the truck batteries. They were do at 6 years.

We also detailed the camper doors, camper, and truck. Kind of strange day to do it since we were having a heat wave.

I'm probably going to break down and add the duh system tomorrow before I reload the camper. We'll see.

What's the duh system?
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW with a 1995 Alpen Lite 11.5
custom DIY stable loads, work in progress for the rig

PEIwoman
Explorer
Explorer
F100jetmech wrote:
Installed a bottle opener. I didn't want to create a potential place for water intrusion by mounting on the siding, so I put it on the ladder. Worked out pretty well, it faces the door.

I love this mod!

Way to go!
PEIwoman
2003 Dodge HO QC SB 4x4, Modded, Hellwig BigWig, StableLoads, AirLift Bags, Bilstein 5500s, 19.5 Toyos
2014 Northstar Arrow U, Northstar Bumper w/GlowStep, BlueSky Solar, Torklift TD w/Fastguns

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
woking a horse show from the TC at one of my more frequent venues

I thought I'd share the video of my wife winning her class

this is her latest musical freesyle She had one of the high scores of the competition

kind of fun getting paid to watch her ride

enjoy

http://youtu.be/-WE-n4t4K3k
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
No pics but I should have taken them.

I painted the lower wing area black. I don't backup very much in the dark, but I'm sure it will help compared to the old white. My wife did most of the work and I sprayed after she taped it off.

DW also did painting of her own. She painted the letters on the front where the decal used to be. I think it looks good.

A couple of days ago, we replaced the truck batteries. They were do at 6 years.

We also detailed the camper doors, camper, and truck. Kind of strange day to do it since we were having a heat wave.

I'm probably going to break down and add the duh system tomorrow before I reload the camper. We'll see.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

AKsilvereagle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had to remove the camper shell off my rig last week in order to have the windshield replaced since some numbskull in BC was driving real fast (a double trailer gravel loaded semi) without covering their load last September 2011 as I never seen what hit the windshield, just heard the hard impact and had glass fragments all over my lap as a result :

This was the second time this truck was ever camper shell-less by me since owned in 1996, but does look pretty with a perfect windshield for the first time under my ownership :

Since the camper shell was removed, I decided to go ahead and solidly repack the front inner and outer wheel bearings (LMX red grease) after only 15,100 miles according to my log since the last repacking task, as I thought it was a good idea to inspect the wheel bearings anyway because of the camper shell I have now since 2008 makes the total front axle weight 240 lbs past it's maximum weight rating (driver, passenger, with both fuel tanks full)... very little red grease broke down and little wear marks on the center portion of the wheel bearings where they contact with the spindle (normal) as the spindles and rotor race surfaces showed no signs of wear marks....wheel bearings still in great shape overall.

Aside from that, greased the front end and the driveline as always prior to departure on a camping trip, added 3 ounces of gear oil to fill the differential that is still fresh, and squeaky cleaned the back cab window of the truck as it was dirty.

As for the camper shell while sitting on jacks, snugged up every screw and bolt all along the camper shell that you could not get to when installed on the truckbed, and lubricated the camper jack poles with silicone spray, also lubricated the threads on the spring loaded turnbuckles prior to reinstalling and adjusting, also gave the Honda 2000i a little running exercise as I rarely use it anyways.

Now I am amped as I started loading up the camper with some of the inventory listed items to cut preparation time and truck maintenance time as the boss granted me three weeks off (would not go for four) between late August or after Labor Day Weekend depending on the workload (as my job mainly consists of no summertime off), so my camper is practically ready to go explore some more far north adventures of Alaska and Canada.

1975 Ford F250 2WD Ranger XLT (Owned June 2013)
460 V8- C6 Trans- 3.73:1 (196K Total Mi)
2000 Fleetwood Angler 8ft Cabover
Air Lift 1000 (Front)
Hellwig 3500 lb Helper Springs (rear)
Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars
Goodyear G971 LT Series (siped)

sleepywheel
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got around to having a look at the water leak behind the shower faucets and found the plastic tube between the taps that feed the shower hose was cracked. When we bought the used camper, we noticed the leak so never used it. I guess someone didn't antifreeze the system for the winter and the water froze and cracked the pipe. Is the part available separately or can I find a replacement setup at Home Depot?

Picked up my Firestone air bags today and maybe install them tomorrow.

Started on my rear porch, mostly done but need to pick up some wood for the deck and figure out what to use for the cable to hold the deck level in the down position. Is clothesline strong enough with the U shaped clamps?
2009 Chev CC 2500HD 6L 4x4

freddypinak
Nomad
Nomad
Purchased a new battery for the camper. Wanted to go with 2 of the 6V golf cart batteries but couldn't fit them in the battery box of our little Lance SquireLite 165. Went with the Energizer Deep Cycle marine battery from Sam's Club. We got 6 years out of the last battery, so we're not complaining. Guess changing all the lights to LED did help ๐Ÿ™‚
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4
1998 Lance SquireLite 165

ggadwa
Explorer
Explorer
Nelson's RV in Garden City Idaho....did a Warranty replacement of our Polar Cub A/C on our 2011 Eagle Cap 950....So we immediately set out for a night of Camping out with our NEW A/C....Year old AC never worked even once now with the "new" Polar Cub and our Honda 2000 generator we are cool and comfy....So that's what I did yesterday and today!!!!
Nelson's Service is GREAT!!!

GARY
HAM RADIO Operator since 1964 'W7FSI'
EAGLE CAP 2011 950 CUSTOM BUILT by the great folks at LaGrande Oregon
2012 FORD 350 XLT 6.7L Diesel 4x4 Super Cab with lots of stuff

jtlingo123
Explorer
Explorer
Langenc,

White lithium grease works good, it's safe on all sorts of stuff. A little bit goes a long way! I don't think it will damage plastic. :C
Josh Lingo
Snoqualmie,WA.:B

langenc
Explorer
Explorer
Fiddled with the water line drain 'valves'. It seems they want to leak all of a sudden.

I need to do something with the water tank drain valve, plastic and it needs to be turned 180 to drain. A real bear to turn.

Suggestions?? Any kind of lube I can put on the plastic to make it 'slide' easier?

jtlingo123
Explorer
Explorer
Hey thanks!
One of these days I'll figure out how this works!
Josh Lingo

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
jtlingo123 wrote:
I added a O/S (you figure it out) handle in the bathroom, makes getting up a lot easier in a confined space. ๐Ÿ˜›

There, now both images show up :).
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

jtlingo123
Explorer
Explorer
I added a O/S (you figure it out) handle in the bathroom, makes getting up a lot easier in a confined space. ๐Ÿ˜›

Josh Lingo

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Mello Mike wrote:
dakonthemountain wrote:
I FINALLY made a sewer hose holder and installed it under the wing of the camper. The sever hose holding bumper door is missing and I just keep the extra hoses, parts, etc. in a plastic tray in there. Rust was beginning to be the issue as it is a closed bumper and stays moist a lot. I used French drain pipe with air holes to keep the hose dry on the new install....I really like it and save considerable $$ by doing it myself instead of buying a ready made one. Pictures, picture, pictures.... I KNOW! I have photos of this and all the projects I've been working on, but right now I'd rather be doing the projects, going camping and reading here than doing all the work to upload pictures and write up reports! I WILL soon, but.... well... you know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak

pics? ๐Ÿ™‚ Sorry, had to ask.

๐Ÿ™‚ Ok Mike... I know,... I'm such a looser! I've just been too busy. I've got 3 project reports to write up now along with posting the photos to my Picturetrail account and then here! Best Converter wants the report/photos on the Boondocker and Trimetric meter install too! Oye! Soon! (a relative term ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Aussiecowdog
Explorer
Explorer
The original cabin floor carpet in the Lance 820 is now sealed on the bottom with soft grip tool handle paint. Not only does it keep the carpet from sliding around, it also seals in the 'crumbs' from the degenerating backing material. The two little mats are also sealed; one for the shower and other for the door.

It was very porous and took 4 - 14oz cans. Rolls on with a small foam roller. Triple coated because of the porosity.

'04 Lance 820