cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

beyerjf
Explorer
Explorer
Mounted the Honda 2500 generator on the front of the 1991 F-250 with a Sunline 851. Now I can have my power and tow my Studebaker to the car show....

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
Put EPDM on the roof of the slideout.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Started the flip-down bunk redo, will post pics later.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the 4 - 2 way stereo speakers in my camper with 4 - 3 way speakers, I also got rid of the tangle of wires where my CD player was mounted. It's great to hear all the higher highs and lower lows.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

kitesurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Loaded up for two weeks in Oregon, 2 sets of golf clubs, kiteboard, 2 kites, 4 bikes and 2 dogs. I may even bring the wife and kid;)

btggraphix
Explorer
Explorer
Slammed a couple of new G31 Deka batteries in to replace the ones that died.....2 nights before a trip. Actually "today" I bought the second battery - need to put it in before I leave town, but it is pouring right now. Had to make a minor cut to the sliding tray to fit them but they are pretty close to a drop in replacement for he G27's that were in there.
2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

Dcoleram
Explorer
Explorer
resealed half of the camper and created some places to hide the fire poker and the awning support under the table, before my dad borrowed it to take to bc,

have another project camper that im beefing up the corner jack mounts on this weekend, so i can sell it
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW with a 1995 Alpen Lite 11.5
custom DIY stable loads, work in progress for the rig

dbrojr
Explorer
Explorer
sold the jayco pop-top tc....now on the search for my next project tc.....maybe a bigger truck too...
2002 f-150/jayco pop

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
dakonthemountain wrote:
I FINALLY made a sewer hose holder and installed it under the wing of the camper. The sever hose holding bumper door is missing and I just keep the extra hoses, parts, etc. in a plastic tray in there. Rust was beginning to be the issue as it is a closed bumper and stays moist a lot. I used French drain pipe with air holes to keep the hose dry on the new install....I really like it and save considerable $$ by doing it myself instead of buying a ready made one. Pictures, picture, pictures.... I KNOW! I have photos of this and all the projects I've been working on, but right now I'd rather be doing the projects, going camping and reading here than doing all the work to upload pictures and write up reports! I WILL soon, but.... well... you know. 🙂

Dak

pics? 🙂 Sorry, had to ask.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

F100jetmech
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a bottle opener. I didn't want to create a potential place for water intrusion by mounting on the siding, so I put it on the ladder. Worked out pretty well, it faces the door.

'15 Ram 2500, 6.4 Hemi
'06 S&S Montana Bitterroot 8.5ASC
'04 Jetcraft 1625SK 16' boat
'14 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL

Farmerjon
Explorer
Explorer
I did an inspection of the seams and dug out and cleaned some seams that were needing help. Re caulked those seams.
In this heat it certainly doesn't take long to start skinning over makeing it difficult to smooth over. Had to work fast.
2015 F350 Lariat CC LB 4x4 DRW 6.7, 6sp auto, 3.73
2000 F350 lariat SC LB 4x4 DRW 7.3, 6sp manual 3.73
1987 F250 Lariat SC/LB 4x4 SRW 460 4sp stick 4.10
1995 Jeep wrangler
99 Star Craft 953

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I FINALLY made a sewer hose holder and installed it under the wing of the camper. The sever hose holding bumper door is missing and I just keep the extra hoses, parts, etc. in a plastic tray in there. Rust was beginning to be the issue as it is a closed bumper and stays moist a lot. I used French drain pipe with air holes to keep the hose dry on the new install....I really like it and save considerable $$ by doing it myself instead of buying a ready made one. Pictures, picture, pictures.... I KNOW! I have photos of this and all the projects I've been working on, but right now I'd rather be doing the projects, going camping and reading here than doing all the work to upload pictures and write up reports! I WILL soon, but.... well... you know. 🙂

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dug out the old caulk and putty around the dinette windows, then re-caulked with silicone caulk. Didn't have any QUAD for the job on hand but did have the new GE silicone. We’ll see how it works. I did this because I noticed a little moisture under the dinette bench seat cushions whilst we were camped up in the Mt. Adams area this last weekend.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ordered a Derale Deep Transmission pan w/pickup extension for the pickup.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the propane switchover valve along with the regulator, new hoses all around too. Also replaced the leaking water pump, will tackle the repair of the propane side of the fridge tomorrow. In the "get it ready" mode for our north-western trip.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP