cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Washed the forest fire ashes off the roof.
2nd time this month that the camper got washed.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Attached the first of the new front jack mounts ๐Ÿ™‚
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
After our return trip from north Texas to upstate new York to our seasonal site our TC got a much needed a wash and wax. Fifth wheel base camp in background.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cut out the old plywood skirt board that was behind the fiberglass rear skirt to replace it with a 2x6 to act as a second overhang floor stiffener.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Charley67
Explorer
Explorer
I put down luxury vinyl plank flooring and recarpeted the ledge by the bed and the one under the table. I have updated material to recover the cushions, but haven't got to that yet.

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I washed the windows and packed the fridge in preparation to leave in a few hours for a little 3 day adventure! Yay!

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm on a LED light kick and Superbright had a 15% off sale so I bought a few and a few more...lol Just installed a set of LED headlight bulbs in my truck. I like them. Very low power draw, 23 watts per lamp.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I like the Max-Air covers myself and they last too....
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
My 9 year old fantastic fan was starting to die so I ordered a new one. The inside cowling in the Lance was a hair different so I had to dremel the inside panel of the new fan by notching the corners . No biggie. Start to finish the swap took two hours. New fan is dicored and screwed into place and is purring away.

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

F350_RR
Explorer
Explorer
Took out the Queen size mattress and installed the custom made Split Queens. They can be easily slid out of position to make up and change sheets unlike the Queen size mattress that was much too heavy to even lift corners.

Cleaned off the peeling sealant from one of the roof vents and recoated same.

Added some Dicor on the screw heads holding the canoe/kayak racks on the top.

Replaced the LED bed side reading lights with a marine type LED lights. Warmer color light, less glare and more flexible directional control.

OK, maybe not all done today on our 10 month old TC. So much more on list...
Doug

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
portscanner wrote:
Scrubbed the bejeezers out of the roof this morning. Going to apply EPDM tomorrow morning.

That sounds like big project. Did it have EPDM before? How do you plan to cut the openings? Did you take all existing items off the roof?

I made one minor error in my original post. I should have added the word "liquid" as in "liquid EPDM"

oops!
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Made a preliminary inspection as to where to install a pancake subwoofer for the stereo system.
Inspected the caulking along the sides and front of the camper (needs a little work).
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
I resealed the roof vents and seams yesterday and put one coat of snow roof on the whole roof today.For kicks I put our 5k window AC we bought for the travel trailer bedroom in the slider by the dinette in the truck camper yesterday..It was 94 degree's outside and 72 on the stove,where we put the indoor/outdoor thermometer.Not bad for an AC that only puts out 4.8 amps..I could run that with my Honda 2k all day long in the hills.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
portscanner wrote:
Scrubbed the bejeezers out of the roof this morning. Going to apply EPDM tomorrow morning.

That sounds like big project. Did it have EPDM before? How do you plan to cut the openings? Did you take all existing items off the roof?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us