cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
CAJW wrote:
Led 67 wrote:
CAJW wrote:
Changed out all the CH751 cargo door locks with tubular cam locks. Look good and greatly reduces the chance that someone will happen upon our unattended rig with a key that lets them get to our stuff without a struggle.

Replacement lock source

Just my 2 cents but most tubular locks can be opened with a cheap bic pen and such tutorials can be found on youtube...Scary what you can find on youtube these days.

Any lock, given enough time and an experienced thief, can be defeated. Those videos are mainly of pre-2005 tubular bicycle locks that were easily opened with a Bic style pen. Since 2005 the design was changed, making it much more time consuming to pick the tubular locks and this company sells Ace Tubular that are just that much harder to pick. I'll take my chances with these, rather than having thousands of people running around with a key that is known to open most RV cargo compartments. Wikipedia- tubular pin tumbler locks

The Bic Pen trick doesn't work on these locks, the Bic Pens are too large. I installed these in my TC last Spring.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer
Led 67 wrote:
CAJW wrote:
Changed out all the CH751 cargo door locks with tubular cam locks. Look good and greatly reduces the chance that someone will happen upon our unattended rig with a key that lets them get to our stuff without a struggle.

Replacement lock source

Just my 2 cents but most tubular locks can be opened with a cheap bic pen and such tutorials can be found on youtube...Scary what you can find on youtube these days.

Any lock, given enough time and an experienced thief, can be defeated. Those videos are mainly of pre-2005 tubular bicycle locks that were easily opened with a Bic style pen. Since 2005 the design was changed, making it much more time consuming to pick the tubular locks and this company sells Ace Tubular that are just that much harder to pick. I'll take my chances with these, rather than having thousands of people running around with a key that is known to open most RV cargo compartments. Wikipedia- tubular pin tumbler locks
2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase

Led_67
Explorer
Explorer
CAJW wrote:

Replacement lock source

cdbinns
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered it!

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer

Replacement lock source
2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Did a leak inspection of the Fan-tastic Vent after heavy rains last night. The Eternabond tape I installed around the vent last month worked great. The entire vent is bone dry. ๐Ÿ™‚

My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
portscanner wrote:
Got my new Bilstein 4600 shocks installed. I cant try them out because we have to go to the in-laws for Thanksgiving. (right here in town)

Nice choice! You'll love them with the camper on.
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
Got my new Bilstein 4600 shocks installed. I cant try them out because we have to go to the in-laws for Thanksgiving. (right here in town)
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Loaded up the fridge, loaded up the fishing gear, still need to add the food for the dogs then after shift I'm firing up and heading to the Sierras for a weekend of fly fishing on the Yuba River
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

vwoval
Explorer
Explorer
KenBob wrote:
Yes, it's a Blue Sea Systems PN 6006. I'm really happy with the outcome, and the outcome of the TV mount I put in this weekend too. It's a rocketfish mount from Best Buy

what made you pick that switch ? just wondering what to look for .I was just going to put one of those cheap switches we use to use on our cars for the track .

vwoval
Explorer
Explorer
loaded it on the truck to go for 2 days 2 hours farther south for wife to dive a little , gave it a good wash even the roof and awning which made it rain almost instantly . now have to load the rest clothes food dive gear fishing pole etc. in the rain . should have washed it next week I guess .

bedrocker
Explorer
Explorer
Sweet can't wait to see the finished product ๐Ÿ™‚

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Measured the dinette. I am going to remove the dinette and have a custom built sofa bed installed with drawers underneath that function as a foot rest when relaxing. I will also have additional storage underneath the middle portion.

The current slide-out dinette floor area measures 72" x 47". The sofa bed will measure 72" x 24" with a pullout shelf that will allow the back cushion to function as additional bed width.

I have a good friend that is a cabinet builder that will build this for me and match the color in my Lance.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put the oil filled radiant heater inside and turned it on low.
. . .getting chilly now.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Ol__Gold
Explorer
Explorer
Delivered it back to the dealer to catch up on all of the warranty work. I miss it already!
2001 F350 7.3 4X4 with some aftermarket stuff.
2013 Arctic Fox 990 with some nice updates.
1993 Duckworth jet sled AKA "TheDandyDuck" with some fish killing features.
1997 Seadoo GTX, 1996 Kawasaki 1100ZXI both with some faster goodies added.