cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Florida - Lakeland

greg121
Explorer
Explorer
Going south on 98. Going through town looks like a pain. I'm not opposed to going around and paying tolls. Near as I can figure without a Sunpass and with a motorhome towing it would only be about $4.00. Does that make sense or is there some other way to go about getting to Wachula that I'm not picking up.
6 REPLIES 6

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have driven them several times but long ago. One goes by the North Entrance to Myakka River SP. They are standard FL State Hwys, good two lane roads. Unless there has been a big change over the years. Not too likely in Florida.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Moccasin Wallow Rd exit 229 off I-75, east to US-301, then a short jog south to FL-62 will bring you to just north of Wauchula. Also, FL-64 exit 220 will take you to Zolfo Springs, just south of Wauchula. I've never done either.
-jbh-

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was in Lakeland today, US98 north of I-4.. 5001 vehicles on the road (I was the 001.) Toll road is probably a good idea. Still going to be lots of traffic before you get to the toll road, tho.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can actually take I75 down to in between Bradenton and Sarasota and then head east on a State Hwy, I don't recall the number SR72? It's been a long while since I was in that area. Check the map.
Superbumper

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
You could slip past it via Zephyrhills down to I-4 to Polk Parkway. Probably better through Zephyrhills than Lakeland.
-jbh-

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
No way to Wauchula (just up the road from where I went to HS) other than secondary roads. Florida does not have a lot of toll roads other than south FL and the Orlando area. We just go ahead and pay up for the FL Turnpike when we head to the Miami area. You can get a sunpass at any Publix supermarket otherwise they'll just mail you a bill.
Hope that area wasn't hit hard by the Peace River flooding, I think that was mostly south of Arcadia.
Superbumper