cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood 26Y with twin beds

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
For over a year I have been looking for a Fleetwood 26Y (2004-2007) with twin beds. I found one last January. But it was 1200 miles away. And someone else bought it.

Any suggestions re how I might track one down. (I have been using the "All of Craigslist" search.)
10 REPLIES 10

Nik
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 26Y and by my measuring tape it's exactly 27 feet from the front bumper to the back, including the spare tire.

Rick Jay wrote:
hedgehopper wrote:
Our RV must fit in a 27 ft long space.

I just checked the specs and the length of the 26Y is shows as exactly 27', so hopefully it'll fit into your space. ๐Ÿ™‚

As to finding the twin bed model, the RV you're looking at is 15-20 years old. At this point, you could fairly inexpensively remodel the bedroom area to put in the overhead cabinets you wish to have along with replacing the queen bed with two twins.

I know it's easier if you could find exactly what you're looking for, but if you can't, it shouldn't be too hard to change the floorplan to fit your needs. Check out Home Depot and Lowe's for free-standing overhead cabinets.

Good Luck,

~Rick
Current RV: 2003 Fleetwood Terra 26Y
Previous RV: 2015 Wildwood X-Lite FS T192BH
Previous RV: 1985 Itasca Sundancer (24')
Previous RV: 1984 Starcraft Starmaster 21

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
OP said they already bought another RV.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
hedgehopper wrote:
Our RV must fit in a 27 ft long space.

I just checked the specs and the length of the 26Y is shows as exactly 27', so hopefully it'll fit into your space. ๐Ÿ™‚

As to finding the twin bed model, the RV you're looking at is 15-20 years old. At this point, you could fairly inexpensively remodel the bedroom area to put in the overhead cabinets you wish to have along with replacing the queen bed with two twins.

I know it's easier if you could find exactly what you're looking for, but if you can't, it shouldn't be too hard to change the floorplan to fit your needs. Check out Home Depot and Lowe's for free-standing overhead cabinets.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
How did you track the 1st one down? Do that again!

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
My wife learned about small Thor Class Aโ€™s on Drivinโ€™ & Vibinโ€™. The Thor 24.1 has the twin beds we want and will fit in our parking space.

So we gave up on finding a Fleetwood 26Y with twin beds and bought a 2016 Thor Axis 24.1.

Unfortunately, the Thor 24.1 is not available with a dinette, another of our requirements. So we plan to have a dinette installed.

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Look for a model 30E!
I think a 30E is 30 ft long. Our RV must fit in a 27 ft long space. Plus the 30E comes with a queen bed as standard and twin beds as an option the same as the 26Y.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look for a model 30E!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Any thoughts of finding a similar floorplan and removing the one bed for 2 singles?
Good thought! However, we like the twin-bed model because it has lots of cabinets above the twin beds. The queen bed model does not have these cabinets.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Did quick search
Fleetwood 26y
Didn't see any twins listed

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
Google, Cl, FB marketplace, rv trader. But if there isn't one out there, there isn't one out there. You're looking for something pretty specific and there's not many of them. Any thoughts of finding a similar floorplan and removing the one bed for 2 singles?

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS