cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo

David0725
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if the turbo can be turned up on a stock 8.3 cummins? And what's normal boot on it now. 7
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad
6 REPLIES 6

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Any time you are going to increase HP/torque, be sure to check to see if the transmission can handle it.
2014 American Eagle

Ivylog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes and it’s fairly easy on the mechanical injection engine. You can buy a different profile fuel plate or like I did, grind it to the better profile. In this post there’s a picture of the different profiles. You should be seeing 25+ boost on hard acceleration.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f123/hp-increase-by-modifying-fuel-plate-c-8-3-mechanical-232017-2.html
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

David0725
Explorer
Explorer
Well I guess they covered there butts lol. Mine is a 350hp based on that post I'm under powered being 41ft. Anyway I had a Banks system put in my other rv that had a 275hp man what a different I never had to worry about hills again.
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
It's almost like Cummins knows what they are doing.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Follow the link....
What a great post.
Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer