cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New battery cost.

eend
Explorer
Explorer
We are ready to head to Montana next week, from Alberta and today I found out that my battery is pretty much toast,

Deep cycle batteries run about at about $175- $190 dollars here in Canada.
Just curious what the cost is on the in the US? It might be cheaper for me to get one at Costco or any other place.

When I do a Google search nothing comes up because Iโ€™m in Canada.
2019 VW Tiguan
2015 F150 ecoboost
2013 Arctic Fox 22G
1971 Boler 1300
28 REPLIES 28

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
PButler96 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
Li are not a good option for Edmonton. Too cold in winter time.

well thats a load of BS. only no good if you camp in the winter and insist on leaving them on the tounge.

Charge an LiFePo4 at -40. Not recommended you say?

To run what I want I'd need 700 lbs of battery. Think I want to move that into the RV when it is -30?

How do you guys turn someoneโ€™s simple question about the price of a deep cycle battery into your stupid p!swing match??

LOL, I was wondering the same. The OP is in Baltimore MD but I guess he could tow his trailer to Antartica.

From the first post:

"We are ready to head to Montana next week, from Alberta and today I found out that my battery is pretty much toast, "
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
And then they wonder why members drop off from these forums

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
PButler96 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
pianotuna wrote:

well thats a load of BS. only no good if you camp in the winter and insist on leaving them on the tounge.

To run what I want I'd need 700 lbs of battery. Think I want to move that into the RV when it is -30?

How do you guys turn someoneโ€™s simple question about the price of a deep cycle battery into your stupid p!swing match??

LOL, I was wondering the same. The OP is in Baltimore MD but I guess he could tow his trailer to Antartica.

Well if this thread was over on the dedicated Keystone forum the 3 overbearing members there would have turned it into a payload issue.:h
Just say no to the payload police :C

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
pianotuna wrote:

I have a burn barrel in my yard.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
One nice thing about Costco vs WalMart is the lack of an eighteen year old pimple face expert sales "associate" armed with a cheese grater 100 amp load tester who is convinced despite your battery's dead cell his fifty dollar cheese grater load tester says the battery is fine. (Same with Wal Mart tires).
Even Wal Mart microwave ovens synchronize platter index return to 30 second intervals. A PITA for coffee mug handle orientation. A Walmart toaster pops toast one inch below the slot. It's really a hoot the Chinese junk they hawk.

And beware newest Wal Mart car batteries. If the case looks different avoid it. They are buying from someone else than Mexico LTH battery and that vendor is so bad the Mexicans sneer at it.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œ by now we all know for what you do and the fact you won't mount them in a conditioned space means there no good for you, that by no means is a short coming of the battery but rather your own unwillingness to do an alternative set up, which is fine, but quite trying to convince yourself and others that SI)2 is better. it isnt plain and simple except for one situation. โ€

After such a lengthy post trail (over a timeโ€ฆ) of whatโ€™s been repeatedly flushed out as โ€˜bogie issueโ€™ silliness, my sense is that it has zero to do with cold weather, LFPโ€™s OR of RV adaptability, and more of a โ€˜head-fakeโ€™ to gain sorely needed marketing exposure for SiO2โ€™sโ€ฆWeโ€™ve all been forced to suffer this nonsense, JMHOโ€ฆ

3 tons

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Before spending a lot of money on fancy batteries, what are you using them for?

If you were otherwise happy with the old battery, there is no reason to move up to higher end batteries.

This would be common if you typically stay in campgrounds with electricity. Enough power to run the jacks, slideout, maybe a bit of water pump if you stop for lunch...you simply don't need the cost or weight of a big battery bank.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
austinjenna wrote:
I think a lot of folks on this thread are talking about a dual purpose battery from places like Walmart and Oreily. (Starting and deep cell)

If you are looking for a true deep cell battery, Renogy has one on sale now from Amazon. Its a deep cell 100 amp hour AGM battery for 200
Link

For a little less money, this one is a highy rated true deep cell battery Link

That's a good price on a true RV group #27 battery..You get what you pay for in batteries for an RV...
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
pianotuna wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
pianotuna wrote:

by now we all know what you do and the fact you won't mount them in a conditioned space means there no good for you, that by no means is a short coming of the battery but rather your own unwillingness to do an alternative set up. which is fine, but quite trying to convince yourself and others that SIO2 is better. it isn't plain, and simple, except for one situation.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I think a lot of folks on this thread are talking about a dual purpose battery from places like Walmart and Oreily. (Starting and deep cell)

If you are looking for a true deep cell battery, Renogy has one on sale now from Amazon. Its a deep cell 100 amp hour AGM battery for 200
Link

For a little less money, this one is a highy rated true deep cell battery Link

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
pianotuna wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
pianotuna wrote:

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
The more I think about it, the more it seems that PT just made a powerful case for Lithium ๐Ÿ™‚ !!

3 tons

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
pianotuna wrote:

First off, youโ€™d need half that weight and half that footprint with LFP, and if you moved them inside (or simply provide heat into a compartment) โ€˜Prestoโ€™ it suddenly becomes a โ€˜Bogie issueโ€™โ€ฆ.How is this minor effort deemed to be insurmountable??โ€ฆAND SiO2โ€™s ainโ€™t cheap, eh?โ€ฆ.Fewer LPFโ€™s are required for the same โ€˜usableโ€™ SiO2 amp/hrs, meaning youโ€™ll likely save some hard earned moolaโ€ฆ

Waaay too much โ€˜hand wringingโ€™ going on hereโ€ฆJMO

3 tons

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
Not a bad price for quality batteries, should last a few years. IMHO $125 to $150 is a decent battery don't want to be stuck with bad batteries. Definitely get at least group 27 for motorhome.