cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torklift Stair hand rail

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 5 step stairs into my Wolf creek are a bit steep for my spouse so I devised this mod. The carpeted stairs is so my skeptical Golden, Mr. Bailey cannot see through the steps and freekout!

19 REPLIES 19

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad

Moderator,

Can this thread be moved to the truck camper forum please?

'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

o it looks like the coupling sleeves and I'm assuming the feet are canopy parts as daytrader said. Everything else is available at Home Depot

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

Boy, this forum is really confusing/dragging up historical posts!  Lol

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

yup, the most confusing part is it shows up 6 or 7 posts from the top when it is the newest post, missed a few  because of that.  then the person diging it up spamming her question 😂

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

But seems any threads from the old forum show the newest posts last even if one has newest posts first selected….

Ole Marcus must’ve paid one of the CW interns to develop a new forum for the $18an hour he probably pays his employees….lol. 
Only plausible explanation!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

haha.  hmm I didn't notice how it came up, but I will pay atention on the next dusty that gets revived.

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

daytrader
Explorer II
Explorer II

most of the items seem to be fencing, top rail, end caps modified, u clamps.  what i cannot find is the joining tube (wish the sku number was visible) with eye hole tighteners and the bases.  not fencing material.  any ideas as to who sells those two items to help out camping-girl

Best I can find is a fence sleeve. It will join the parts. But there is no side screw. I wonder if the OP drilled and tapped at home to allow them to be secured.

Sleeve 

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

I have info on the sleeves and feet.  They are canopy parts available at creative shelters out of oregon.  they are specific to chain link fencing or conduit pipe depending of size and preference.  I hope this helps you camping-girl...... if I see you and your railing on the road i will say hello

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Looking at the pictures all of the parts are available at Home Depot or Lowes. At Home Depot 90% of it is from the chain link fencing aisle. There is a bolt and nut holding the 45 degree joint together on the hand rail. The big u-bolts holding it to the steps are the next aisle over from the bolts. Best bet is to zoom in and take some pictures of different parts and then ask a friendly Home Depot worker to help you locate the parts around the store to build your own.

Camping-girl44
Explorer
Explorer

Hey there.  I need to build this for my camper.   where did you get the supplies?  Thanks

Hey there.  Just what I need for my camper.  Where did you get the supplies.  Thanks...

Wanderin_fool
Explorer
Explorer
nice ideas! Thanks
Duramax/Lance 835
KTM/Arctic Cats
Motorized advocate in Colo. CMTRA, our local club.
www.cmtrail.org come visit!
Other Forums:
Thedieselplace.com ( chevsforever)
KTMtalk.com (xrcrasher)
Pontoonboating.com (Lounge Lizard)
Arcticchat.com (400crasher)

fuelhauler
Explorer
Explorer
1mtnman wrote:
fuelhauler, the hand rail is my design and seems to work well up to this point. I did talk to Northwood about the Torklift hand rail and they indicated there was really no portion of the camper that I could affix the Torklift hand rail.

Yea on my Bigfoot I was able to attach it right below the swing out hand rail because there is a stringer that runs down along the door.
2005 Dodge q/c 4x4 dually six speed pac brake
2014 Arctic Fox 990
2014 16' smokercraft