cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happened to the Truck Camper Forum?

srschang
Nomad
Nomad

So I clicked on my link to the RV.Net Truck Camper Forum, and this website opened.  Where am I?  Where's the truck camper forum?  I found some of the recent posts here:

srschang_0-1700228115003.png

Is this the correct path?  Should I look somewhere else for the truck camper forum?

Thanks,

Scott

2022 Ram 3500 Dually Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WillCTraveler23
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience as we are continuing to improve the upgraded community! I started a truck camper group for our conversations which can be found here: Truck Camper Group.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II

Ugh, I sure miss the old forum. Maybe some day I'll be comfortable here but ugh.

2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

dedmiston

It's back. There wasn't one here originally, but it's been added now. Enjoy.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

WillCTraveler23
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience as we are continuing to improve the upgraded community! I started a truck camper group for our conversations which can be found here: Truck Camper Group.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II

There is currently no discrete truck camper forum. I'm confident with all the complaining going on that this will change fairly quickly.

This change was announced on the old site about a week ago in stickies at the top of every forum. The stickies directed you to the General forum for the complete story.

Long story short the old site was broken and deteriorating, and the people who built it were long gone. They had no way to fix the old site so they needed to migrate to this new site before everything was lost forever to a system failure or a hacker.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

So all data in the older rv

Net forums are lost?

Hey @bennefim,

All 2.9 million posts & replies from RV.net have been migrated over to the new community. We are working around the clock to make sure all posts get moved to the correct forum! Let us know if you have any other questions. We are here to help! 

I may be confused but if all 2.9 million posts and replies have migrated from the old site why can't I access any of the trip reports from the Truck Camper sub-group?  The old sticky is there with post listings but when you click on any of the old links it kicks you out to the "Groups" page.  This is at least better than it was a few weeks ago when doing this resulted in "404 - Error Page Not Found" but if the content still exists you can't get there from here.  And speaking of stickys is there no way to organize posts in a similar fashion as before?  It seems like if you are looking for something that was addressed many times it was good to have a general info sticky, a trip report sticky, a newbie sticky, etc.  I agree the format looks slick and I'm sure the platform is more stable but much seems to have been lost in translation.  JMHO

The Road Goes Ever On

2008 F250 SD 4x4 Supercab, Detroit TrueTrac, Hellwig LP 35, 2006 Outfitter Caribou 6.5

My string on 67 Avion truck campers has apparantly been taken to "travel trailers". It had about 750,000 views and several hundred thousand comments over the years. I spent a lot of time working on it so I can't imagine that "working around the clock" could have gotten that wrong. This new Forum does not feel user friendly - rather it seems to be designer friendly.

@67avion wrote:

My string on 67 Avion truck campers has apparantly been taken to "travel trailers". It had about 750,000 views and several hundred thousand comments over the years. I spent a lot of time working on it so I can't imagine that "working around the clock" could have gotten that wrong. This new Forum does not feel user friendly - rather it seems to be designer friendly.

It's back today, a mod must have moved it back.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

I posted a picture in the thread and brought it up in the list. Currently there are no sticky threads, so those that get the most recent posts are up top.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

No. Not at all. It’s all here.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Thanks for the info.  I never look at stickies, so my fault.  I'm really surprised no one ever mentioned it in a post.  Where do I find all the complaining going on?  I'd like to post my complaint as well.

2022 Ram 3500 Dually Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC

The feedback can be shared in the Community Feedback tab in the main navigation of the community website!